How are Agents getting Medicare clients.

brokerqrc

Every year, its the same.... Cold calling (Humana prospects only) to be rejected constantly or no answer. UHC provides contacts of previous clients who don't want to be bothered. Consumers don't want you coming to their homes. I am hearing other agents saying they're writing 10 or more applications per month. HOW? Can someone please direct me to how agents are in fact writing business. I am no longer a captive agent, current with an FMO who doesn't provide leads. Is Medicare still a worthy product, or should I just get out of the business all together? I need answers.....

Thanks in advance'

Every year, its the same.... Cold calling (Humana prospects only) to be rejected constantly or no answer. UHC provides contacts of previous clients who don't want to be bothered. Consumers don't want you coming to their homes. I am hearing other agents saying they're writing 10 or more applications per month. HOW? Can someone please direct me to how agents are in fact writing business. I am no longer a captive agent, current with an FMO who doesn't provide leads. Is Medicare still a worthy product, or should I just get out of the business all together? I need answers.....

Thanks in advance'
You can buy your own leads.

Thanks in advance'

As Goillini52 said, buy leads. Direct Mail, Telemarketed leads, etc.

Thanks in advance'

Marketing.

10 per month / aka 120 per year is low if you're consistently marketing and building a pipeline.

Marketing.

10 per month / aka 120 per year is low if you're consistently marketing and building a pipeline.

Also, time in business helps for sure.

Wrote a spouse on Friday of one or my April 1956 T65s.

Wrote a spouse today of a referral from another non-NC agent in March 2022.

Wrote another referral today - original client was a Sept 1957 T65 - the referral moved here from FL and was losing his MAPD.

Met w/ a T65 today and did an overview of Medicare. He'll get a MAPD once his careld arrives. He got a letter from me, not a referral.

Phone call with another T65 today. Referral from a T65 May 1951 (long time client). Put together a plan for her and we'll wrap up once she gets her card.

Every sale and every conversation can be pinpointed to some type of marketing activity. Even the agent collaboration - you meet another agent in another state... That's a potential future referral sale if they are not non-res.

My Monday in 2023 would have been boring if I hadn't been marketing in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020.....

In the FL panhandle I work 3 counties. There are about 300 T65 each month. Half are military retiress or civil servants. So you have 150 possibles and probably that many agents contacting them. I am tickled to write 10 a month. I am trying to slow down so this year I am shooting for 40 policies issued. I try to write Medicare Supplements only.

10 a month ? Lol . You better be selling 200-300 a yr .I sent out 53 $15 referral gift cards last weeks . Already got 11 thank you texts . Out of those 53 gifts cards I bet I get 30 sales the next 12-18 months . I’m dropping 10k mail a month . Everything snowballing after 2 yrs .

Success and amount of money is a relative thing. It's always interesting and entertaining to listen to others in the business. We all know what that means, right? I think 10 apps per month is on the road to a successful career in the Medicare business! Hopefully, you can continue to market to stay with it. Do not pay attention to the boasting of sales and marketing of others.

The real question is, marketing. Are we able to continue to grow and prosper (our own definition-not someone else's definition) with additional limbs tied behind our backs? Let's face it, we have sold our souls to the devil in this business. The only "client" is the government and they will be forever threatening the broker and handing out useless regulations that serves no one and keeps the Medicare consumer in the dark.

Case in point, THE PHONE SCRIPT. The consumer calls you in hopes of receiving help because Medicare is confusing and one of your beneficiaries referred your name. But...wait... in the first minute and a half of your conversation you will destroy your credibility, by limiting and diminishing yourself. By reading the script, you are telling the new prospect that you are really a second option and the "real deal" is calling Medicare. I hope by now, we have added our own disclaimer at the end of the disclaimer to insure to the consumer that you have their best interest in mind and it is always first and foremost!

I can eliminate 950 pages of BS.

Use common sense. Practice risk management. Always put the consumer first. Do what is right, by being honest and always admit a mistake if you make one, no matter the consequence.

Last edited:
Back