UHC Group Production Requirements

ABC

Guru
1000 Post Club
UHC now has production requirements and if you don't meet then you lose your contract.

Anyone else seeing these requirements in other states?

Just with Humana here in IL.

Everyone hates UHC here, so I will likely just drop them as an option. Not the worst thing I've ever had happen.

Not the first time the industry has tried this. Some tried it in the mid 80's but failed. My guess is that we are close to getting some kind of permanancy, maybe not with all carriers but with the big ones. As the choice of carriers diminishes it gives them more control. Maybe this time it will stick, who knows.

This if first time in my 13 years where a carrier said you have to write a group or you lose the contract on the entire block. I have a Ok block with them.

Would it be wise to stick with 2-3 of the large companies that are around? For instance I'm in California, and all people talk about is Kaiser, Blue Sheild of California and Anthem. I barely hear anything about Humana and Aetna (I'm appointed with them however, but I'm afraid I won't produce much).

This was a big shock to me as my block is around 7 figures.

Would it be wise to stick with 2-3 of the large companies that are around? For instance I'm in California, and all people talk about is Kaiser, Blue Sheild of California and Anthem. I barely hear anything about Humana and Aetna (I'm appointed with them however, but I'm afraid I won't produce much).
I wouldn't worry about it yet here in Cali. We have a lot of competition. Some states only have a few carriers. Aetna has actually been really good. They pay claims fast and the approval process on drugs is good.
Humana has really good dental plans in CA.

Back