UHC, They Are Releasing the News Monday....possibly Today

Appeal what decision? The decision to change the commission rate? I've never seen a clause in any of my carrier contracts that allow me to appeal a commission change.

To get around having to terminate a contract using the "just cause" clause, a company will simply reduce the commission...all the way down to 0% if they want to. I've never seen anything that forbids a commission reduction on business already in-force either. A smaller health insurance company did that to me 3 times over 2010-2011. They only do ancillaries now.

Bill was messing with our new friend

If he feels that strongly about it, it doesn't hurt to ask for more $$. When I first started selling AMS ~2005 I was new to health insurance, and they told me my commission was 20%. I immediately requested 25% and they told me to submit the request in writing, which I did...I got a very sweet personal letter from the regional sales manager, letting me know that while they appreciated my partnership and desire to make more money, that was all they were able to offer.

Honestly, the letter was so polite and well written, that I immediately felt better about them.

Does anyone know if these commissions apply to the new "Essential" plans?

It says "individual marketplace policies", and doesn't specify they're not covered, so I presume they do.

Does anyone know if these commissions apply to the new "Essential" plans?

It says "individual marketplace policies", and doesn't specify they're not covered, so I presume they do.

If you're referring to the bronze and select saver that is available then the answer would be no. This only affects On Exchange business.

Back