Under-60 crowd not pulling their weight with life insurance applications

This is hilarious.

A younger generation that does not earn as much as its seniors is now being blamed for consumption failures in a market segment.

:D

While I agree with what everyone has said below me, there is a bigger issue here. You ASSUMED.

I never blamed younger adults for not wanting to buy insurance. I simply said why agents are idiots if they chase after this group. The reward is not commiserate with the effort. Why is not something I can solve, but I can clearly see its not worth. Because even if working adults saw the value in life insurance and they wanted to buy it, you're still mainly going to be stuck working nights and weekends to sell it. And that is when I would rather spend time with my family.

There are some internet agents who are successfully making money with this demographic, but not near enough to properly serve it. And too many people are wise to putting their info in a lead form. Too many vendors sell it to multiple agents. To make it worse, many of these agents are actually call centers. Then you combine this with leads getting resold multiple times, and suddenly the phone never stops ringing. The same happens to email, the inbox explodes.

So right now this is a failed demographic for insurance sales. Without a core change somewhere, it really isn't that profitable for agents.

I completely agree! Why anyone would work the younger market is beyond me. I quit working that market when I was around 30 years old. Crazy hours, stood up way to many times, no real money to be made, and quite frankly I could never understand why someone can’t figure out they need life insurance if the have kids. I would mention it to them once but I sure wouldn’t waste time trying to convince them they need it.

exactly. most in the age bracket are fortunate they have some employer coverage & at Least SS Survivors. While they should own their own for the right amount & duration, at least there is some safety net.

Again, carriers need to find a way to make it easy for this market segment to buy through worksite or in my mind through PC/multi line agents. Most other agents that used to serve this market either no longer exists or have discovered what you have stated & moved onward to work the senior, business life or affluent markets

Back