Under 65 ACA

Medigap Bill

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
FL & TX
Prior to ACA I did under 65. I am now Medicare focused but hate not being able to write the U65 spouse as I am helping the 65+ spouse.

1. Can you get paid outside of AEP if you write an application for someone losing coverage?
2. Ambetter seems to be what's offered in FL. Do they pay well and on time?
3. Best carriers to get appointed with?
4. Is it worth it to get appointed so you can write the occasional app?
5. Who is a good FMO to go through?

Prior to ACA I did under 65. I am now Medicare focused but hate not being able to write the U65 spouse as I am helping the 65+ spouse.

1. Can you get paid outside of AEP if you write an application for someone losing coverage?
2. Ambetter seems to be what's offered in FL. Do they pay well and on time?
3. Best carriers to get appointed with?
4. Is it worth it to get appointed so you can write the occasional app?
5. Who is a good FMO to go through?

They do pay outside of OEP when there is a SEP. Depending on what part of FL you are serving, there are several carriers to choose from. Florida Blue demands that you be captive to them, so I avoid them. I like Ambetter in general

You can earn up to ~$30/pmpm...so its worth it if you think you will do enough to justify the extra testing to be certified.

Unless you need hand holding, not sure why you would not go direct with the carrier.

You can also just work with another agent for referral fees, or use Health Sherpa and get referral fees from them

If you are Medicare focused, unless you are chasing DSNP's, you should consider adding LTC to your portfolio...or again partner with someone who does.

They do pay outside of OEP when there is a SEP. Depending on what part of FL you are serving, there are several carriers to choose from. Florida Blue demands that you be captive to them, so I avoid them. I like Ambetter in general

You can earn up to ~$30/pmpm...so its worth it if you think you will do enough to justify the extra testing to be certified.

Unless you need hand holding, not sure why you would not go direct with the carrier.

You can also just work with another agent for referral fees, or use Health Sherpa and get referral fees from them

If you are Medicare focused, unless you are chasing DSNP's, you should consider adding LTC to your portfolio...or again partner with someone who does.
If you don't mind sharing, who's your FMO for under 65 ACA?

If you don't mind sharing, who's your FMO for under 65 ACA?
Since I live in Walton County, I only use Ambetter here, and I go direct to them. I avoid FMO's with any product that allows me to. If someone wants FL Blue, I'll get a whopping $25 referral fee from Health Sherpa.

Most of my business is with Georgia clients, since that is where I moved from......and I believe all my ACA is direct with the carrier....Cigna, BCBSGA, Oscar, Friday, UHC. Medicare/Life/LTC is another story with uplines...but personally I have no use for FMO's in general.

In FL I offer Cigna, UHC, ambetter, Oscar, health first, and Aetna. My wife is a captive FL blue agent.
FL blue is hard to beat here so she gets most of the biz.

Do you guys use Health Sherpa to quote the ACA carriers or who?

In FL I offer Cigna, UHC, ambetter, Oscar, health first, and Aetna. My wife is a captive FL blue agent.
FL blue is hard to beat here so she gets most of the biz.

yankee quote...my ACA is direct with the carrier....Cigna, BCBSGA, Oscar, Friday, UHC.

Back