Uninsured Motorist Coverage-is It Worth It?

I'm still not sure how that makes you need life insurance more in this economy. It might make you realize how much you need it, but it doesn't affect the need for it.

If times are good and you don't come home tomorrow and there is no income coming in, still applies the same.....

You just answered you're own question. If it makes them realize how much more they need it, they're more likely to buy. If money's that tight for them I offer them lower coverages but I still leave them better off than they were before.

I didn't mean to get in a pissing match over this, as so often happens on this forum. I was saying that that approach helps me sell more policies. Feel free to not use it if it doesn't make sense to you.

Didn't want a pissing match, just was curious about the statement. Thought I was missing an important point.

No issues with using it for sales, just was trying to learn something....

I thought you were taking the approach of because jobs are less secure, its more important to own your policy. I'd agree with that, to a point. Why only to a point? It's always important to own your own policy and nobodys job (or benefits) is ever as secure as they think it is.

Dan

Didn't want a pissing match, just was curious about the statement. Thought I was missing an important point.

No issues with using it for sales, just was trying to learn something....

I thought you were taking the approach of because jobs are less secure, its more important to own your policy. I'd agree with that, to a point. Why only to a point? It's always important to own your own policy and nobodys job (or benefits) is ever as secure as they think it is.

Dan

No problem, didn't mean to come off sounding testy. And you're right, I do make that point, especially with clients who just have a policy at work. And it is always important to own your policy. I just think it's just as important or even more important in bad economic times because if something happens to the breadwinner it's even more crucial there's protection since there may be more debt, the spouse may have had a job loss, etc.

Back