Uninsured Motorist Coverage-is It Worth It?

Time to shop for a better agent who cares about u as well.

Went round and round today with a longtime client who wanted to drop cov to $50/100from $100/300 for a savings of $10 per month. I told them I couldn't in good conscience be their agent anymore if they insisted. I finally convinced them to raise their coll ded to $1000, which saved them more. Yikes what a battle over pennies.

This kind of stuff is why I'm minimizing the p and c biz and focusing more on life.

Went round and round today with a longtime client who wanted to drop cov to $50/100from $100/300 for a savings of $10 per month. I told them I couldn't in good conscience be their agent anymore if they insisted. I finally convinced them to raise their coll ded to $1000, which saved them more. Yikes what a battle over pennies.

This kind of stuff is why I'm minimizing the p and c biz and focusing more on life.

It's a tough economy every client is looking for any type of savings. But good job. :yes:

It's a tough economy every client is looking for any type of savings. But good job. :yes:

Thx.These particular clients aren't poor. They have 2 jet skis, big screen tv, and own 2 beemers. I suggested selling the jet skis or getting rid of cable if money's tight rather than reducing ins coverage. Needless to say that didn't go over well!!

I see people canceling life fairly quickly in this economy, and thats what you want to focus on? HMMM

I see people canceling life fairly quickly in this economy, and thats what you want to focus on? HMMM

Yep - I can sell it on value instead of price. Some will cancel but they need it especially more in this economy. I'll still do some p&c to keep them honest tho.

Just curious, why do you need life insurance more in this economy? I mean I know why the sales guy says that, but why would it be true?

I'm sure there is something I'm not seeing here....

Dan

Just curious, why do you need life insurance more in this economy? I mean I know why the sales guy says that, but why would it be true?

I'm sure there is something I'm not seeing here....

Dan

Surprised you can't see that - I tell my clients, as tough as things may be now, how tough would they be for your family if you didn't come home tomorrow and there was NO income coming in?

Like any close it doesn't work every time. But I have closed quite a few who were reluctant. I just find the dollar amount they want to spend and write the coverage accordingly.

I'm still not sure how that makes you need life insurance more in this economy. It might make you realize how much you need it, but it doesn't affect the need for it.

If times are good and you don't come home tomorrow and there is no income coming in, still applies the same.....

DJS is saying, whats teh economy got to do with life insurance,

He is asking, why in a crappy economy, is it more important to have life insurance, than in a good economy?

Back