United Teachers Assc. Info?

So what happens when the A rated company you bought loses a couple points and becomes a B+? Do you cancel that policy and look for an A rated company?

You would definitely start to worry if the stability is going the wrong direction.

But you definitely wouldn't want to choose one from the very begining when there are so many great companies to choose from. Some consumers DO check the ratings. So why start with a handicap when you don't have to? And why would we ever want to sell an inferior product?

But Oxford is $66.99. This is 15% less than UTA. If you have a clean risk, why would you not use the lower priced product? Assuming the client qualfies, would it not be dishonest to charge them more for what amounts to the same policy?

The fact that UTA has an easier application should not be the reason.

Rick

Dishonesty might be lying, and it might be stealing, but there is nothing dishonest about offering a company that is NOT the cheapest. If that is your mentality, then you might label all captive companies as complete thieves, unless of course they are the cheapest.

Is a doctor dishonest for charging $125 office visit when another doctor offers the charges a $75 office visit?

There are many factors in choosing a company for a client. Some might be a competitive rate, ease of underwriting, length in business, reputation, ability to pay claims, agent friendly.....etc.

Having a competitive price is important to me, but having the lowest is a non issue.

There are reasons why some doctors charge more. Every doc is far from the same. Final Expense is final expense. I have no problem with people selling UTA for 15% more. Its not unethical. I myself would not sell it. I wouldn't sell it to my grandparents especially if I can save them 15% with a B+ rated company. I just cannot see the justification.

There are reasons why some doctors charge more. Every doc is far from the same. Final Expense is final expense. I have no problem with people selling UTA for 15% more. Its not unethical. I myself would not sell it. I wouldn't sell it to my grandparents especially if I can save them 15% with a B+ rated company. I just cannot see the justification.

We will have to disagree. The doctor analogy is the same for an attorney, financial planner, whoever. They all have a costs associated with client acquisition, and so do I. They all deem to charge specific fees for specific reasons. They determine what their time is worth.

Final expense is not just final expense. B does not equal A, and if underwriting is tough and costs you tons of hard earned business that you have paid steep marketing dollars to obtain, then your darn tootin I will take the client through another carrier that costs 15% more if it makes sense to do so.

What is the street commission for the FE product? Anyone know?

This answer may be dated. . .recently, I heard from Great American that they were going to try to "standardize" and streamline comp for all their subs: Provident American, UTA, Continental General, CRL and Loyal American. So, I don't know if my data is up to date or if it was changed.

Level 11 is MGA and 22%/20% for Med Supp in Std. States (breaks at age 75). Corresponding FE commish is 100%/95%/60% (for ages 45-64/65-80/81-85)

Schedule is dated 3/06. You'll find the level in the lower right corner (form #L 11, which means level 11). I think the MGA is a pretty solid offer if that's what your IMO sent you.

FE street seems to be rising generally, so UTA's street seems a bit low to me. You should be able to find an A rated carrier paying 100% to 110% street at age 65.

Craig

UTA in IN is not so competitive and I am not sure why. They have pretty strict underwriting. They came out with H,I, J almost 2 years ago. The price's weren't too bad but they just got an increase here of 8%. So they are definetly a little higher than most right now. I have seen contracts for 25% with them. Maybe thats why they can't control the premiums.

25% (for Med Supp) is L-12 (MGA), but state specific to IN, since comp 6+ is 0%. FE comp at L-12 is 5% higher or 100% at 65. This is over street, I believe, and may have minimum production required.

Craig

Back