UnitedHealthOne - Which Plan Should I Choose?

MAD King

Hello,

I don't know which plan I should get, so I need a little help from here.

I got
  1. Copay Select with ded $1000, Coinsurance Out-of-Pocket Maximum After Deductible $0, Coinsurance 100/0 for $278.28.
  2. HSA 100 with ded $1250, Coinsurance Out-of-Pocket Maximum After Deductible $0, Coinsurance 100/0 for $284.09
  3. Plan 100 with ded $1500, Coinsurance Out-of-Pocket Maximum After Deductible $0, Coinsurance 100/0 for $233.26
to choose from and I have no idea what is the different and which one is the best.

Coverage is for one person, male, 45, self-employed, non smoker, no diagnosed conditions and not on medications. Location Tennessee.

Thank youfor your help

I would go with plan 100 vs the HSA depending on your tax bracket.

For an HSA Id say go with a higher deductible to take of advantage of the tax savings.

If the HSA rate for a $2500 deductible is in the $200 range...take it and put the difference in the HSA.

This is a general statement. A licensed Tennessee broker will know best.

I agree with Chumps, but I bet the $2500 deductible will be more in the range of $140-175/month if the $1250 deductible is ~$285/month. On most of the quotes I've run, the cost to go from a $2500 to a $1250 deductible was more than $1250/year, so it doesn't make any sense to take the $1250. I have never sold a single $1250 deductible HSA plan, but a lot of $2500 deductible ones.

It depends if you want a dr office copay plan. The average deductible is $2500. They price the 2500 ded to attract people to take a larger share of the risk, making them take better care of themselves. Put the money you save in premium in a special account in case you ever need it. The more you self insure and take care of yourself, the more money you will save. The HSA is a good idea, as previously mentioned, if you don't mind paying for the dr visit in full. Most women don't go for it, they want a copay plan.

Better yet Bob this couple should call the White House and ask them what health plan is best for them. Oh forgot Mr.Obama now making healthcare decisions for this family is on vacation.

Back