Can I sell in states that I am not licensed in?

Browse some of those, you'll eventually find people who get fined and lose their license by selling in a state they're not licensed in.

Its good that you asked the question! But any suggestion other than "go to NIPR.com and get a non-resident license for the other states you want / need" is playing with fire.

Edit: Hah, very first one on the list:

Suspended license and a $1,000.00 fine, because someone thought they could skirt the system.

Browse some of those, you'll eventually find people who get fined and lose their license by selling in a state they're not licensed in.

Its good that you asked the question! But any suggestion other than "go to NIPR.com and get a non-resident license for the other states you want / need" is playing with fire.

Suspended license and a $1,000.00 fine, because someone thought they could skirt the system.
You're a dickhead. :twitchy:

Wow! I definitely do not want to do anything unethical. Thank you for sending this, interesting stuff. I’m not with Primerica but I seen someone promote on a self made flyer their agents are licensed in all states when they begin. Thought that was a red flag …

Wow! I definitely do not want to do anything unethical. Thank you for sending this, interesting stuff. I’m not with Primerica but I seen someone promote on a self made flyer their agents are licensed in all states when they begin. Thought that was a red flag …
They probably mean that they're licensed to sell securities in every state.

There is no way that new Primerica reps are licensed in every state to sell insurance.

Hello everyone,
I am new here and have a quick question. I am very green in the life insurance world. I’ve gotten several potential clients asking for quotes from different states. I’m only licensed in CA as of now. How would I go about getting those clients insured? Is this something I can do? I’m with a non captive IMO
Just get a non res license and stay out of jail . . .

I have found that getting lic in EVERY state is near useless. Unless you are writing a crap ton of business.
It's not that crazy if you market nationally, source leads nationally, or work remote/online.

There are few reasons (outside of employment requirements) to get licensed in every state out of the gate.

Pick up the big ones that are a PIA about licensing (NJ, FL, NY, CA) and then the rest you can just add as the opportunity presents itself.

If you're around long enough, eventually you'll be licensed in every state (assuming you keep renewing).

Back