Universal Health Care

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Seems the folks in Vermont decided to get a jump on Obamacare by creating their own "universal health care" plan.

Only one problem . . .

Last year, Vermont enacted a single-payer health plan to cover everyone in the state. One problem: The state did not fund it. That has led some in the state to look to legalizing assisted suicide as one means of making the plan easier to pay for. After all, what could be a cheaper “medical treatment” then providing drug overdoses to expensively sick patients? And think of the money to be saved if very ill patients die sooner rather than later.

Vermont Governor Pushes Assisted Suicide - By Wesley J. Smith - The Corner - National Review Online

I'm sure the people who run HHS, Social Security and Medicare will (or already have been) be crunching numbers to see how much they could save if sick and/or elderly people simply died sooner. In fact, they're probably even now lobbying behind-the-scenes to make expedited-suicide legal nationwide.

I'm guessing you're against physician assisted suicide?

And I guess you are in favor of it?

people who run HHS, Social Security and Medicare will (or already have been) be crunching numbers to see how much they could save if sick and/or elderly people simply died sooner.

Yup.

It's called IPAB

And I guess you are in favor of it?

I'm not against it. None of my business and none of your business if someone who is dying wants to speed up the process to end severe pain and suffering.

I'm not against it. None of my business and none of your business if someone who is dying wants to speed up the process to end severe pain and suffering.

However, it's all of our business if patients are told they are headed for severe pain and suffering, as a ploy to encourage them to die, all because the system that is advising the patient is the same system that is footing the bill.

However, it's all of our business if patients are told they are headed for severe pain and suffering, as a ploy to encourage them to die, all because the system that is advising the patient is the same system that is footing the bill.

No kidding, a lot of people put their animals to sleep, due to the expense of caring for them, when they have a systemic illness, and they love these animals.

A bureacratic system would have far less trouble putting people to sleep.

No kidding, a lot of people put their animals to sleep, due to the expense of caring for them, when they have a systemic illness, and they love these animals.

A bureacratic system would have far less trouble putting people to sleep.

Also sometimes it is just the right thing to do.

Assisted suicide should be allowed, but the person deciding should be in no position to benefit from the decision.

Back