Use during Supp "Free Look" time frame ?

I'm back and all this is so great and making my head swim. Thanks, everybody!

Please allow me to answer some questions raised here. And I want to tell about my experience calling the first company, which will be cancelled. We are in Florida,

First, sure it is about the money, the reason she is changing. Why pay $40-$50 / mo. more for the exact same plan and coverage? She is changing agents because that one is captive and her Plan F is way too expensive compared to other companies. These folks are comfortable financially, and one of the reasons is they watch how they spend. They just did not know better before. They listened to a friend who knew an agent....you all know that one.

I just passed my license (for the third time through the years. I have a few miles on me), and defamation is still fresh in my brain from the lessons. I would definitely like to tell you who this first company is. I called them this afternoon. They have a supremely bad reputation on this forum and no wonder. The run-around I got trying to get refund information was probably criminal, if these plans are regulated.

I had previously talked with that first agent for an hour, and I indeed spoke with the second agent.

Weasels: good one. Thank you for reminding me. I have seen some of that, but listening to these folks, I hear motivation and circumstances. With these 2 agents, I saw desperation for the first, and entitlement for the second. No excuse for not placing your customers in the best plan for them. Now wait...I am not perfect, either. So there is that.

Yikes, it has been a long day. I am so tired. I appreciate all of you and will answer your questions tomorrow. All of you are important. I am grateful that you all cared enough to help me.

p.s. I am still not clear on your responses regarding switching Med Supp plans anytime. Maybe it is me, but I seem to see different answers. Not talking about IEP or SEP. Can my brother change his Plan F with one company to another company anytime? What about to another plan with another company, say Plan N? We understand there will be underwriting. It seems I am getting answers that he cannot change just anytime, and others that say he can change anytime? Help me, please.

Where else can I get this information? From Medicare and You, whose hard copy I discarded last year? See, I am not too smart, either. Thank you!!!! I love you guys!

Whomever you are talking to is confusing med supps with mapd. You can change a med supp at any time. Assuming he passes Health

Please allow me to answer some questions raised here. And I want to tell about my experience calling the first company, which will be cancelled. We are in Florida,

First, sure it is about the money, the reason she is changing. Why pay $40-$50 / mo. more for the exact same plan and coverage? She is changing agents because that one is captive and her Plan F is way too expensive compared to other companies. These folks are comfortable financially, and one of the reasons is they watch how they spend. They just did not know better before. They listened to a friend who knew an agent....you all know that one.

I just passed my license (for the third time through the years. I have a few miles on me), and defamation is still fresh in my brain from the lessons. I would definitely like to tell you who this first company is. I called them this afternoon. They have a supremely bad reputation on this forum and no wonder. The run-around I got trying to get refund information was probably criminal, if these plans are regulated.

I had previously talked with that first agent for an hour, and I indeed spoke with the second agent.

Weasels: good one. Thank you for reminding me. I have seen some of that, but listening to these folks, I hear motivation and circumstances. With these 2 agents, I saw desperation for the first, and entitlement for the second. No excuse for not placing your customers in the best plan for them. Now wait...I am not perfect, either. So there is that.

Yikes, it has been a long day. I am so tired. I appreciate all of you and will answer your questions tomorrow. All of you are important. I am grateful that you all cared enough to help me.

p.s. I am still not clear on your responses regarding switching Med Supp plans anytime. Maybe it is me, but I seem to see different answers. Not talking about IEP or SEP. Can my brother change his Plan F with one company to another company anytime? What about to another plan with another company, say Plan N? We understand there will be underwriting. It seems I am getting answers that he cannot change just anytime, and others that say he can change anytime? Help me, please.

Where else can I get this information? From Medicare and You, whose hard copy I discarded last year? See, I am not too smart, either. Thank you!!!! I love you guys!
Yes, your brother can change plans anytime...as long as he can qualify for an underwritten plan. If you write them both with the same company, most companies offer a spousal discount if they both qualify. It's usually 7%.

Sounds like you're talking about Bankers Life & Casualty and a Colonial Penn Med Supp. I can't think of any current Bankers agents on the Forum.

Didn't you say that you're new to Medicare, meaning you just got on Medicare? If so, you get a new version in the mail each year. Here's a downloaded copy.
https://www.medicare.gov/pubs/pdf/10050-Medicare-and-You.pdf

Yes, your brother can change plans anytime...as long as he can qualify for an underwritten plan. If you write them both with the same company, most companies offer a spousal discount if they both qualify. It's usually 7%.

Sounds like you're talking about Bankers Life & Casualty and a Colonial Penn Med Supp. I can't think of any current Bankers agents on the Forum.

She’s in FL. No spousal discounts here. Or at least ones that will make it competitive.

Thank you, Chazm. Perfect timing. I was just now going to text that information to my brother about the discount.

His wife is waiting for that other agent to get recertified or whatever it is with UHC for supplements, and my brother is waiting for me. I didn't want to rob him of the discount, so I was going to suggest he sign on with that other agent if he wanted the discount.

Back