Using Excerpts In WordPress

Hi. I think I'm talking about something different. I was referring to the short paragraph that you can use when the article is just getting ready to be published. It's often just the first paragraph of the blog post.

Oh. I have seen some Google+ posts like that and I suppose there is nothing wrong as long as you are not violating copyright laws.

I have done a few blogposts where the lead paragraph is also the lead from the published story, but then I excerpted and added my own take. Sometimes my post outranks the original, even when the original is much older than my post.

I am not trying to trick anyone. Just thought it was a good piece that needed to be updated . . . by me.

I think we're still talking about different things. It's generally under the meta description and says this: Excerpts are optional hand-crafted summaries of your content that can be used in your theme.

OK, just ignore anything I have posted. I had several shots of bourbon earlier and have no idea who you are or why I am here.

Wherever here is.

Back