Using IFP for Small Groups

Given a choice between continuing with a private sector solution and government financing, there is no way the private sector is going to win. Talk to voters of both the Dems and the Reps and you will quickly learn that people are ready to dump the carriers for a government solution.

Unless you believe the polls, which state the exact opposite. An overwhelming majority of people do not want to give up their current health plan in favor of a government solution.

yes - anyone drinking the liberal journalist's Kool Aid on Mass. has not studied the facts.

The facts are that Mass. is not only a failure, but going broke.

That article doesn't even address the doctors and hospitals. Go do some research on how they feel about the fantastic Mass. model.

yes - anyone drinking the liberal journalist's Kool Aid on Mass. has not studied the facts.

The facts are that Mass. is not only a failure, but going broke.

That article doesn't even address the doctors and hospitals. Go do some research on how they feel about the fantastic Mass. model.

I'd like you to write a "stump speech" for JM (or anyone) that defends the current carrier based system. I want it to be riveting and to really pump me up about wanting to keep it... so much so that I'll vote for you... even campaign for you!

You can't do it. It would be harder to defend the current health care financing system than it is to defend this idiotic war in Iraq. The tide of public opinion has turned toward a government solution and all the DMV or IRS examples will not wash with the guy who pays $3,000 a year for coverage with a company that will go out of its way to rescind the policy if he has a really large claim.

You can say Mass is a failure until the moon turns blue. No one is going to hear you. People want "free" medical coverage, they will be told that it is possible if we get rid of the greedy and bloated carriers... and that will be that.

What is the national debt now? Do you think the average voter gives a damn if it goes up by a couple a billion more so long as he can get low-cost medical coverage for his family?

You guys have to stop talking to agents and business owners and start talking to middle class working people... the folks that make up the huge mass of the electorate.

As for this election, Obama will win. You can't beat somebody... with nobody... and John MC is a bigger nobody than Kerry was. Obama gets all of the black and hispanic vote and a huge chunk of the female vote as well as the educated vote. That leaves JM with the right-wing military whacko white male vote... and neither Idaho nor Alabama have enough combined electoral votes to elect him!

People vote their emotions and their fears. With $5 gas, JM's promise to be in Iraq for 100 years... he will lose bigger than Carter lost to Reagan... and that was a landslide as I remember (most of you were in diapers in 1980!)

Al

Obama will spend his first year in the White House trying the find the bathroom.

Maybe.....maybe on the 2nd term he might sign a piece of legislation into law.

Obama will spend his first year in the White House trying the find the bathroom.

Maybe.....maybe on the 2nd term he might sign a piece of legislation into law.

What piece of earth-shaking legislation did we get from Reagan? ERISA? Wow. That's big.

From Clinton? HIPAA? Yeah, that's huge too.

From either Bush? Nada.

What people want in a President is someone who will inspire them and who tells them what they want to hear in a way that sounds honest and sincere and intelligent. John you are too young to remember JFK... but I do... no one thought JFK was a good president... but everyone "loved" him. Same with Reagan.

The presidency is more style than content. Yes, you are right. It is an office more limited in power than most people understand, but it has the loudest bully pulpit on the planet... and that's worth something.

Personally, given the choice of being President or Chief Justice, I'd take the court seat.

And to be honest a guy like Bill Gates or Warren Buffet has more real "power" than any president.

Jackass Al

Al - I'm more with you than you think. Do we need massive healthcare reform? Absolutely.

I, for one, am a proponent of "employee owned" coverage, not "owner owned." I'm for portability and everyone who's willing to pay having access.

However, we both know that a wish and a quarter will get us a gumball.

I'd like you to write a "stump speech" for JM (or anyone) that defends the current carrier based system. I want it to be riveting and to really pump me up about wanting to keep it... so much so that I'll vote for you... even campaign for you!

You can't do it. It would be harder to defend the current health care financing system than it is to defend this idiotic war in Iraq. The tide of public opinion has turned toward a government solution and all the DMV or IRS examples will not wash with the guy who pays $3,000 a year for coverage with a company that will go out of its way to rescind the policy if he has a really large claim.

You can say Mass is a failure until the moon turns blue. No one is going to hear you. People want "free" medical coverage, they will be told that it is possible if we get rid of the greedy and bloated carriers... and that will be that.

What is the national debt now? Do you think the average voter gives a damn if it goes up by a couple a billion more so long as he can get low-cost medical coverage for his family?

You guys have to stop talking to agents and business owners and start talking to middle class working people... the folks that make up the huge mass of the electorate.

As for this election, Obama will win. You can't beat somebody... with nobody... and John MC is a bigger nobody than Kerry was. Obama gets all of the black and hispanic vote and a huge chunk of the female vote as well as the educated vote. That leaves JM with the right-wing military whacko white male vote... and neither Idaho nor Alabama have enough combined electoral votes to elect him!

People vote their emotions and their fears. With $5 gas, JM's promise to be in Iraq for 100 years... he will lose bigger than Carter lost to Reagan... and that was a landslide as I remember (most of you were in diapers in 1980!)

Al

Al, a question:

With such a high level of disdain and contempt for;

the system
carriers
agents
business owners

It begs the question...what are you doing in the business?

Back