Using IFP for Small Groups

Al, a question:

With such a high level of disdain and contempt for;

the system
carriers
agents

It begs the question...what are you doing in the business?

Good question. Fair question. It's one I get asked all the time.

I see my role as someone who helps people mitigate a really crappy system. I'm right up front with clients (see any of my newsletters.) in saying "This healthcare financing system really sucks... and if you want a gung-ho agent who defends it and thinks it is the greatest thing going... or if YOU believe that... get yourself another agent. I'm not your guy."

I tell people I will get the best option(s) for them... out of a lot of mostly bad choices from a bad system. Unlike you and others, I don't sell myself as a proponent or defender of the current system. I sell my services as one who can help prevent you from being taken by the large mass of dishonest agents who work in and who support a system that is corrupt, that is broken, that servers THEIR needs and not that of the client... and that needs massive overhaul.

I know you don't believe it, but that message resonates. I do OK, thank you very much.

Jackass Al

Unlike you and others, I don't sell myself as a proponent or defender of the current system. I sell my services as one who can help prevent you from being taken by the large mass of dishonest agents who work in and who support a system that is corrupt, that is broken, that servers THEIR needs and not that of the client... and that needs massive overhaul.

I can't speak for others.

Speaking for me, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that it's just a matter of ignorance on your part.

If you actually read my posts before rendering an opinion, you'll find that I think the system is just as broken as you do. I've posted extensively that there is a serious energy for much-needed change and anyone that ignores it runs a serious risk of being left behind...

That's where the similarities end however.

I actually own just as much perspective as you. I voted in 1980! I have yet to find anything outside of the national defense, that government can accomplish better, more efficiently and more economically than private business for profit!

Can you, and will you cite one for me please?

I believe a large portion of this country's current problems can be traced to a culture of entitlement. Instead of being self-reliant, folks are concerned with what can the government do for me? Problem is, eventually someones got to pay for it.

Just like credit card and other kinds of debt, the majority of folks don't care what it costs, nor what the effects will be for future generations. I do.

There are the self-righteous, I-know-what's-good-for-you-better-than-you-do people (they generally tend to be Democrats, lawyers, and politicians, although not universally) that would have you believe that more laws and more government (this is what lawyers know?) are the answer to every single problem we face.

To steal a riff from Dr. Phil, "how has that worked out so far?"

I appreciate the input guys. I am looking at a small group consisting of two families and one single person----considered a three subscriber group by BX. I was of the opinion that John Petrowski was a proponent of replacing group with individual coverage in the small group market. Perhaps I misconstued his position. In any case, it is with trepidation that I would consider moving a group to individual despite premium savings----there appear to many pitfalls when doing so. With the input from you guys, I will approach this group with the possibility of making some changes in the benefits within BX.

There are no simple, hard & fast answers.

Group coverage is (typically) much higher priced and has limited portability. Even if portable (for a while at least) very few can afford to continue their COBRA coverage.

Individual plans are much more portable and affordable.

You have to look at each case on its' own merit.

Back