Vertafore PL Rating vs. Applied Rater

I would argue the point about applied lacking carriers. It is compatible with more carriers than any other rater I've used.
The caveat here is that irixford is correct that it is not a traditional comparative rater. It only offers real time rating with one carrier that I do business with. The rest of them, you bridge and let it fill in the fields for you. Plan on spending 2-5 minutes on each carrier website.
If you know your carrier appetites and need only compare 2 or 3 of them it might be a good fit. If you're needing to compare half a dozen carriers, it's a much more serious time commitment.
I've only run across one carrier applied couldn't bridge to, because of the particular silverlight plugin their website uses. Another plus worth mentioning is it doesn't bowl over valuable prefill info the way other raters will.
I still find I rarely use it. Not sure why I am still paying for it other than the majority of my carriers simply aren't supported by other raters. Not even ezlynx.

I would argue the point about applied lacking carriers. It is compatible with more carriers than any other rater I've used.
The caveat here is that irixford is correct that it is not a traditional comparative rater. It only offers real time rating with one carrier that I do business with. The rest of them, you bridge and let it fill in the fields for you. Plan on spending 2-5 minutes on each carrier website.
If you know your carrier appetites and need only compare 2 or 3 of them it might be a good fit. If you're needing to compare half a dozen carriers, it's a much more serious time commitment.
I've only run across one carrier applied couldn't bridge to, because of the particular silverlight plugin their website uses. Another plus worth mentioning is it doesn't bowl over valuable prefill info the way other raters will.
I still find I rarely use it. Not sure why I am still paying for it other than the majority of my carriers simply aren't supported by other raters. Not even ezlynx.
I appreciate your input, indie. Our personal lines staff knows where a risk is going when they get it. So, not sure if $200 a month will be worth saving a little time on the rating especially when 7% of our book is PL's ..

Hello everyone .. I’m In New Jersey and I have three carriers that I’m directly appointment with I’m a financial planner by trade but now I have an opportunity to expand my practice in the personal lines with travelers progressive and Plymouth Rock and I’m interested in a rater. would ezlynx. or Vertafore PL rater be the preferred choice any suggestions or recommendations would be highly appreciated. Thx

I've been hearing nothing but complaints from other agency principals about vertafore and the fiasco that is their billing. I'm glad I never signed up for PL rater, though I was certainly considering it. I would recommend staying far, far away until they begin to actually value their client base and resolve this.

Thanks for the input.. I haven’t spoken with Vertafore yet but Ezlynx call response is horrible.. I left multiple messages for pricing .. they are acting like they don’t need my business

Back