Very Newbie Question!

iiinycboi

Guru
100+ Post Club
so i got a very newbie question for commercial p&c.

dbl contributory vs non contributory, if you do contributory how does the employee get billed for their portion?

does each employee get a form to fill out?

does employer pay full then deduct off their payroll and reimburse themselves? (the max 60cents a week)

???? This doesn't sound like a commercial P&C question. What are you selling that has a contributory vs non contributory component?

Maybe its Friday, but I'm not understanding the question.

its a DBL and worker comp package for their BOP

i know contributory is taken from the employees (up to state max) i just dont know if their part auto goes to insurance carrier or their part is deducted to reimburse employer for paying for the benefits.

i re read my half assed post lol, i didnt include the product. sorry for the confusion

iiinycboi, you come on here with a lot of goofy questions and at first I'll admit I didn't find you as endearing, but I really enjoy the random situations you find yourself in and appreciate you contributing here. You're truly the most interesting newb I've seen join this forum.

I'll leave the answers to someone who speaks New York.
I don't know what a DBL is, though I assume its some sort of disability related product, complimenting workers comp.

Dan

it is short term disability benefits that is mandatory if employer needs worker's comp. i guess its a ny thing

iiinycboi, you come on here with a lot of goofy questions and at first I'll admit I didn't find you as endearing, but I really enjoy the random situations you find yourself in and appreciate you contributing here. You're truly the most interesting newb I've seen join this forum.

Thats funny Josh, all I can say, I am glad HE gets these questions/issues and not me! LOL

rings a bell. ask a payroll processing provider, they should be familiar with handling the dbl.
I kind of assume the employer pays the premium and has the authority to deduct the .60 to offset "premium expense." There's some kind of employee representative who signs the app and says yes half the employee group wants this so that every employee doesn't have to sign.

Back