Vimo Attacks From The Cell Flank!!

No - these people did not agree to be called by anyone. They think they're going onto a site just like Ehealth. If it was made very clear that an agent would be giving them a call leads would go down by 95%.

licensed since electricity was invented.

Actually Sally, Ben Franklin was one of my dad's friends. However, I do have an autographed picture somewhere in my archives of Edison . . .

The way to deal with the 78 agents who call in the first 10 minutes of a lead is to wait, sometimes 2 - 3 days, before calling. In the interim you drip on them, giving them a chance to know you.

Works very well for me.

Along with the pictures on my site of me with McCain, Romney, Obama, Hillary . . .

The way to deal with the 78 agents who call in the first 10 minutes of a lead is to wait, sometimes 2 - 3 days, before calling. In the interim you drip on them, giving them a chance to know you.

Works very well for me.

This worked well for me a few years ago when I did more health. In the P&C market, this doesn't work, people have long since bought something. Shopping for a health plan is generated by an emotion, or a bill, and is something people will tend to put off when they are overwhelmed upfront with to much info. A few days go by, they've had time to digest it, its a good time to approach them.

In the P&C market, the needs are usually event driven rather than emotion driven. They are buying a house, need insurance for closing (a happy event), they got a letter from the DMV, need insurance to register the car, they got a letter from their bank, they need insurance to cover the loan, etc.

With P&C, if you're not in that early crowd, you lose the event. This is why I've had to give up on internet leads for now, I can't be in that early crowd very often with everything else I've got on my plate. Not complaining really, I'm getting a lot of referrals from COI's, which is much more effective, but also more time consuming.

Dan

There are those leads from people who qualify and do indeed have high interest. For those leads the early bird gets the worm. When HBD calls 'em 10 seconds after the lead is generated and truly matches 'em with a solid plan like HSA 100 or Copay Select you'll lose a fair amount of business by waiting a few days to call.

Not all competitors are slimy or unethical. There is legitimate competition and when someone legit calls before you and establishes the rapport you have no change of getting that deal - especially if you're fighting another local independent agent.

I guarantee you if a shared lead comes in to me and another independent MD agent and I call first I'm getting the deal.

Back