VOIP Provider Recommendations

I've been using Vocalocity at my office for nearly a year now. It's been fantastic. Great feature set, easy administration, unlimited calling/faxing plans (HUGE since we fax hundreds of pages a month). Nearly zero downtime.

If anyone wants to give it a try or sign up, send me a message and I can point you to my rep who will swing you a good deal (not a "fake" deal either, they actually knock off something like $10/line for the life of the account).

Disclaimer: I get a credit to my account for referrals, but I do believe strongly enough in their product to endorse it even without any incentive.

I'm using vocalocity and i'm in a captive scenario..it's been ok at best and think their introducing new features...they recently have had two outages that have had us without phones for half the day on two seperate occassions....I didnt do as much research of vocalocity vs. nextivia but in my next life I will do more research...good thing about vocalocity is no contract and you own the phones once they sell it to you so I can cancel with them at any time...that's good because there are so many companies out there that make life impossible to cancel with.

sgriswold did you compare the 2?

Nettalk is worth a look if you are considering Magic Jack. I have used Magic Jack as a backup line for three years now. Overall for the money it is worth the cost, however, I don't feel confident enough to use it for a primary line.

I am looking closely at Nettalk and will likely try it and possibly use it as my primary line if it is as good as most people have said it is. Plugs into your router and not your computer. Requires no power from computer so you can turn off computer and still use it. 30 bucks per year vs 20 for the Magic Jack.

I have not used it but researched it heavy.

Gulliver

All those look pretty good folks but have you looked at:

Virtual Phone System, 800 Numbers & Voicemail - Grasshopper Virtual PBX

OR

Ifbyphone | Voice Based Marketing Automation

Skype Business not personal: Business Phone Systems - Skype for Business - Skype

Forget $600 desktop phones & $2k-$4k PBX systems hard wired into the phone closet at your office and all those wires to run. Plus get a business class, fast, wireless router [Cisco! If it is related to Linksys, toss it in the trash.] We run no wires to computers or phones in our office. Just electrical plugs/jacks. Fast Computer, Fast Internet, Headset that works wirelessly with your computer.

I'm just sayin----it works :idea:

Stay away from Vonage I use ring central with roadrunner "lightning" works much better. Vonage Customer Service is as bad as the phone service in my opinion.

Stay away from Vonage I use ring central with roadrunner "lightning" works much better. Vonage Customer Service is as bad as the phone service in my opinion.

It depends who you get for vonage. Being a prior vonage tech support I will say about 20% of the employees are in America, you just have to call during business hours up until like 11:00 PM.

But yeah I don't like the technology either. Faxing was something that was rarely taught to us and people who used them REALLY used them. I'd stay away from vonage just from the IT portion of it from when i worked there and how they train the employees.

Tier 2 is awesome though, try to bitch enough to get them.

Also I will mention that there are some issues with hardware involved (especially with certain vonage devices) and you HAVE to make the vonage device connect directly to the modem, otherwise the firewall in the router will make packets get lost or slow things down and make choppiness or loss of audio. Just an FYI. And the upload is always harder to get in terms of speeds than download, so check that using a speedtest.

Last edited:
Back