Vul, Ul, Iul

Alan, you wouldn't know how to give a compliment if your life depended on it. So please don't try.

I think I have done my best to avoid engaging you on this forum and you would be well advised to do the same, although I understand you are gripped by an incredible compulsive need to follow me around like a puppy.

I bet you can't avoid me - even though I have avoided you.

For example, did you think I didn't notice you posting about UK students using drugs to enhance their scores. Do I think you made that posting because you know all 4 of my kids graduated from that university - you bet. But did I bother to respond, and any way to that posting, no I didn't. Why? Because I want absolutely NOTHING to do with you, NOTHING. And I know I speak for many here. So please Al, do me a favor, when you are tempted to post in response to me, or to pay me a compliment, or to explain something I said, pause and remind yourself that to everyone else it just looks like you can't control yourself.

And quit jumping into threads where other people don't agree with me and pile on.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So permanent insurance is not whole life insurance?

Permanent insurance is either UL or WL. UL is NOT WL insurance. Are you that dense or are you just being a pedantic a-hole?

Robert, do you have your insurance license?

So permanent insurance is not whole life insurance?

No. Whole Life is a type of permanent insurance.

As Death Cab pointed out, the types of Permanent Insurance are : WL, and all the various types of UL

Both of those links that you provided had factual inaccuracies!
Answers.com is not the place to get your insurance information from!

Take a CE class, take a seminar from iliaa or from national underwriters, or read some threads on this forum under life insurance.....
but dont post a link to a website that gets its answers from any random person who feels like answering a question.
I sincerely hope this is not where you get the majority of your life insurance info from....
Once again, whole life is insurance in force for the whole of your life. Fully guaranteed, no lapse UL to age 121 meeting that criteria in spades.

"Whole Life" is a type of insurance product, not a reference describing an insurance product.

It is a totally separate animal from UL.

GUL lasting until 121 means that its a Permanent Policy. Not a Whole Life policy.

Last edited:
Permanent insurance is either UL or WL. UL is NOT WL insurance. Are you that dense or are you just being a pedantic a-hole?

Robert, do you have your insurance license?

I'm that dense. I have used the terms synonymously for years and I think I am witnessing a hair splitting re-definition. But so be it. I have begun a new thread to get to the bottom of it.

Definitions: Whole Life Insurance Vs Permanent Life Insurance

In the meantime, feel free to substitute the term "permanent insurance" for "whole life insurance" in my previous postings, if it helps you better comprehend the points that I was making.

No, I no longer have a life insurance license. I had one from 1979 to 1997. Is it your position that all I had learned and understood went up in smoke the day that I failed to renew it.

Alan, you wouldn't know how to give a compliment if your life depended on it. So please don't try.

Maybe you don't know how to receive one? Is that possible?

I think I have done my best to avoid engaging you on this forum and you would be well advised to do the same, although I understand you are gripped by an incredible compulsive need to follow me around like a puppy.

Sweet cheeks, I was SUPPORTING you? I was agreeing with you. What part of that don't you get?

I bet you can't avoid me - even though I have avoided you.

Yes, Robert, all I do all day is look for places here to confront you. Paranoia maybe?

For example, did you think I didn't notice you posting about UK students using drugs to enhance their scores. Do I think you made that posting because you know all 4 of my kids graduated from that university - you bet.

Now how the hell would I know that your kids went to UK? Is that public knowledge here? (And Jeez Louise, who in the right mind would BRAG about going to UK... unless you played basketball. It's an academic wasteland.) No, Robert I don't keep track of what your children do. Why would I? Why would anyone?

But did I bother to respond, and any way to that posting, no I didn't. Why? Because I want absolutely NOTHING to do with you, NOTHING.

Well, for someone who seems to want that, you're not doing such a good job at it, are you? Why not just put me on "ignore" status if that is what you really want.

And I know I speak for many here.

You mean yourself and your four children?

So please Al, do me a favor, when you are tempted to post in response to me, or to pay me a compliment, or to explain something I said, pause and remind yourself that to everyone else it just looks like you can't control yourself.

That's fine. But I still have a right to post here... unless you can talk the board owner into banning me. You are an advertiser here as well as a rich and powerful entity in the industry... so I'm sure that is a possibility.

And quit jumping into threads where other people don't agree with me and pile on.

I'll "jump" where I want to jump and if you don't like it... again just put me on "ignore" like others do. I don't tell you where and what you can post here... how dare you tell me or anyone else what and where we can post?

I was trying to come to your AID when others were not understanding what you were posting. But now I know why no one else ever does... because you live in a world of paranoia.

Robert, honestly... I'm sorry. If what I posted caused you to think that I was somehow trying to defame or insult you, you need to re-visit that... because that was not my intent... and I believe that most reasonable people here can read and will agree with me. I don't like your politics or how you priced your software, but in this case... about WL vs. GUL when you are right you are right and I stood up to DEFEND you... and what did you do? You just s--t all over me.

That may say something about me... but what does it say about you? You fail to understand that for many new agents YOU are a role model... and your postings in this thread... I think... are giving these agents a rather bad impression.

All I said is that maybe some people had misunderstood you. And for that you just f--ked me in the butt. I don't mind when you do it in the non-insurance sector or the "fight club" but here in "open court" it is simply not warranted. If you didn't want to say "thank you" all you had to say was... nothing at all.

I'm sorry you got so defensive and so bent out of shape about this. I apologize. Maybe you owe me one as well? Honestly Robert, as Sigmund Freud is reputed to have said, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."

Al

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm that dense. I have used the terms synonymously for years and I think I am witnessing a hair splitting re-definition. But so be it. I have begun a new thread to get to the bottom of it.

I'm not splitting hairs. Whole Life insurance is different than Universal Life insurance. You're wrong, and the advice you're giving is wrong.

Definitions: Whole Life Insurance Vs Permanent Life Insurance

In the meantime, feel free to substitute the term "permanent insurance" for "whole life insurance" in my previous postings, if it helps you better comprehend the points that I was making.

How's about you use the terms properly instead of us trying to figure out what you're trying to convey.

No, I no longer have a life insurance license. I had one from 1979 to 1997. Is it your position that all I had learned and understood went up in smoke the day that I failed to renew it.

Nope. You've stated you give insurance advice regularly without a license. But without a license, you cannot be held accountable for your statements (as misleading as they have been).

Again, if we used those terms interchangably as you do, we licensed agents would open ourselves up for an E&O claim. It's not a matter of semantics, it's a matter of knowing how life insurance works. You have a background, but it's been over 10 years since you've practiced. It's safe to say you have lost a step.

If your client needs whole life insurance, then sell no lapse UL with a guaranteed premium. That is the lowest cost form of whole life.

Stress to you client that if they should miss paying premiums for any of the above mentioned products, they lose their insurance.

If a client needs WL insurance you should sell WL insurance!!! If they have a true need for WL a GUL will not suit their needs, and the younger the client is, the more applicable this statement becomes.

If they miss premiums with UL they will not necessarily loose their insurance. Premiums can be skipped as long as its not very much. This might cause the guarantee to be dropped, but it can be caught back up with increased premiums in the future if you want.

Back