Warning! New Healthcare.gov App is Confusing

Why would redoing the application eliminate the SEP? Secondly the AOR form would have given you the credit you for the enrollment that you deserved.

As peeler said, one enrollment per SEP.

The AOR form will probably work but Coventry's specific instructions are to wait until it doesn't appear on a commission statement so I will have to submit it in December.

It still doesn't change the fact that the new application makes it pretty easy to miss the question where you enter your information-from memory, the old application had a separate screen for it with radio buttons while this one is a single line item in the middle of personal information.

I also did an on exchange for a client yesterday. It is not blaringly obvious, but it is there. You have to answer yes to "someone helping" and then drop down pick agent/broker and enter the npn. I'm guessing that we're getting written out of the process.

I also did an on exchange for a client yesterday. It is not blaringly obvious, but it is there. You have to answer yes to "someone helping" and then drop down pick agent/broker and enter the npn. I'm guessing that we're getting written out of the process.

I did find it after the fact and posted that yesterday, the purpose of starting this thread was to alert other agents about making sure they didn't skip past it as I did.

----------

I started another app today and didn't miss the Broker ID question-they really put it in a weird place, though.

Unfortunately, the SEP for 'Income Change' has been removed from the application (it still says that is an option on the website in other places) so that seems to be gone, at least for now, as an option.

Just did 1st "new" app today. Yes, almost missed the place to enter agent info, sitting with applicant, who was filling out the form online. She did skip past it, so we went back. it's right in the normal place it was before, just after the ID verification and insured's filling in their demographics. It doesn't appear, as others have said unless you check the tiny box that someone else is helping with the app. Ater entering your (agent) name, you have to choose from a list of possible "helpers" , like navigator, etc. Our choice, of course, is agent/broker. There are a couple spaces for "organization" and employee iD, before the "NPN" space. I just filled in name and NPN, as before, & left the others blank. It was a Coventry app, will se how it went with Coventry getting the agent NPN.
One other interesting thing. One spouse had a plan that is ending 10/31/14. I was surprised that the other spouse, already on a non-subsidized 2014 plan was also given the SEP.
Now it's a wait and see for what happens to the plans for 2015. There is an Aetna/Coventry broker meeting last week of Oct. in my area.

Hush order given to carriers who will start testing HC.gov on Tuesday.

HealthCare.gov Testing to Be Confidential - WSJ

The new HealthCare.gov is set to open for broad testing by insurers on Tuesday, but they’re not going to be publicly talking—or tweeting—about it.

The email alert spells out exactly what is expected of participants: Insurance-industry officials “will not use, disclose, describe, post to a public form, or in any way share Test Data with any person or entity, including but not limited to the media,” unless the recipient also has agreed to the confidentiality provisions.

I overlooked it as well trying to rush it throught, but realized it right at the end. The new system is much faster at least, without having to go through and hit next 75 times on optional questions

ok, so I've now entered it in 3 times, and won't load the plan choices, just says zero bronze, silver, gold, platinum, and the red "error 500.xxx) message pops up. Usually I just create a new account, but have done that 3 times with no luck. any ideas? ok... hc.gov said to give it 3 days

Last edited:
Back