WellCare Fiasco

agentinCali1987

I am still in disbelief that a company can stop paying renewals like WellCare has on their PDP policies , ethically it is Wrong and to justify it by having a “contract” that can term basically at anytime when they choose is complete BS . If you look at the scenario playing out how is it not headline news, they literally took our customers ,our seniors and are going to cross sell us and not even pay us for doing it . And where is the representation , where’s the outcry besides a rant here and there I see nothing being done . All I see is a petition on change.org from HAFA , what a joke . No solutions in sight at the moment. What really can be done ?

I am still in disbelief that a company can stop paying renewals like WellCare has on their PDP policies , ethically it is Wrong and to justify it by having a “contract” that can term basically at anytime when they choose is complete BS . If you look at the scenario playing out how is it not headline news, they literally took our customers ,our seniors and are going to cross sell us and not even pay us for doing it . And where is the representation , where’s the outcry besides a rant here and there I see nothing being done . All I see is a petition on change.org from HAFA , what a joke . No solutions in sight at the moment. What really can be done ?

Nothing apart from refusing to give WellCare any business

What we can do:

1. Refuse to write new MAs for them in the future.

2. Re-write (if justifiable) your current MA book.

3. Refuse the Centene ACA lines

4. Tell your clients the facts. Explain how a grievance works and how to file one (easy online on the WellCare PDP site - this hits star ratings)

5. You know someone goes over $2k in Rx's? Show them WellCare

What we need help with:

I've heard some FMOs might sue. We can't sue a 12 billion monthly company. They probably can. They didn't act on good faith. I'm not holding my breath

Moving their PDPs.... Maybe but it's just a waste of time in my opinion.... Who are you going to move them to?

What we can do:

1. Refuse to write new MAs for them in the future.

2. Re-write (if justifiable) your current MA book.

3. Refuse the Centene ACA lines

4. Tell your clients the facts. Explain how a grievance works and how to file one (easy online on the WellCare PDP site - this hits star ratings)

5. You know someone goes over $2k in Rx's? Show them WellCare

What we need help with:

I've heard some FMOs might sue. We can't sue a 12 billion monthly company. They probably can. They didn't act on good faith. I'm not holding my breath

Moving their PDPs.... Maybe but it's just a waste of time in my opinion.... Who are you going to move them to?

After looking at their plan, I doubt many of my clients will move off of a $0 plan to the next closest $27 plan.

Someone did text me yesterday that they completely stopped covering Ezetimibe and Zolpidem this month. That was an odd one. So, he might be moving plans.

It actually might make this AEP quite slow.

Latest posts

Back