Wellcare, UHC... they're all out to get us

Sounds like a huge waste of time for me. If a client calls to move Medigap plans, I tell them they need to pass underwriting unless it’s the aarp uhc med Supp to another one of their aarp uhc med supps.

You probably agreed with him believing he should be GI, when he shouldn’t, and now he’s ticked off.

Aetna, Cigna, MoO all create new entities and you can’t move them GI. It’s a lesson learned for next time. It’s time to move on.
Actually I told him I wasn't sure if his assumptions were correct; I'd look into it. I then told him what UHC told me (eg they found a loophole but didn't say it like that - just said it was 2 different subsidiaries and so UHC says they have to pass medical underwriting to switch; ultimately talked to a supervisor's supervisor and got the same answer there too). I didn't actually tell him I agreed with him. I knew if what I found out wasn't the answer he wanted and if I didn't keep my opinion to myself he'd start to argue with me that I was supposed to fix it for him. With what I told him the argument is with UHC and not me. I plan to not return phone calls until I can have a more detailed conversation with medicare on Monday and then can tell him what Medicare says. Then what he chooses to do is up to him.

AARP Medicare supplement only offers one version in FL. I don't ever mention extra benefits. Some people ask about dental but few are willing to pay the price for an individual plan.

Back