What Are my Rights As a Producer

Offer to start your own firm, write business under your firm through their carrier relationships. You'll cover your overhead, and you'll pay them a small commission... 10 20% and carry your own E&O. Tell them your willing to manage the current client base you already are... or they can, and your not responsible for their service from that point on. Do this until you get some contracts on your own... then cut ties amicably. Win win. If they don't like your offer, invite them to your meeting with the DOL.

Give them an opportunity to do right by you, is what I'm suggesting before sticking it to the man... either way they choose, you'll sleep better at night.

If you do venture out on your own, message me... I may have some carriers for you.

Insurance is just like any other business: if you're not bold and willing to take risks - including operating within the gray area of the law - you are not going to succeed.

I would take leads & clients anywhere you can get them. if you sell 'em, they're yours...regardless of whose clients they were before.

Sorry if that offends anyone's Barney the Dinosaur sense of ethics.

Wow... remind me to never take advice from someone who happily runs in the grey area of the law...

Dude, if you think what the lady who started this thread is suggesting is so bad, you ought to see the kind of stuff we do at my agency. We use unlicensed agents and then have them sign the GA's signature to the applications. We sell GI life insurance plans over the phone, and sign the applicants' signatures on the application without telling them. And that's just the stuff I'm admitting to! :biggrin:

Amazing what anonymous posters that hide behind a screen name will cop to. Just makes you wonder , who are these people?

Back