What Are the Most Frustrating Insurance Questions You Get from Consumers?

I had a guy who wanted LTCI because he KNEW he'd be going to a nursing home within the month. He couldn't walk on his own and was on oxygen.

25 years ago I was just starting in the business. I was newly married and my father in law wanted to "help me out" and buy a life insurance policy from me. He had no life insurance and I told him not to buy it to help me out but buy it because he needed it. He was a hard headed blue collar type that thought that all insurance companies were crooks. I asked him if it would be important to leave some money for his wife (my new mother in law) some money if he died. He sort of said well I just want to make sure you get a new sale. So, I signed him us for 250K and he wrote the check and I was advanced the commissions (I was new and really needed it). The company asked for medical records and rated him up 25% extremely high blood sugar. I had to go back to my father in law and tell him. He went crazy and told me that I worked for a bunch of crooks (Mass Mutual) and they didn't know what the hell they were talking about. He cancelled the policy and I got charged back all the commissions. I was new and broke and this killed me at the time. He died five years later from complications of diabetes.

Without any life insurance no doubt.

Latest posts

Back