What Company has the best online portal for agents to quote and sell life over the phone. Not an IMO

Did protective ever get a decent conversion option on their term. When I sold them (which has been at least 10-years ago) they claimed it was convertable to whole-life. But the whole-life that is converted to was horrible. Priced about like Americo tier 3.

No. Like many competitive Term plans the conversion options suck. I sold the TermUL which had the Decreasing Term option at the end of the level period.

I have converted a lot of Term.

Like many competitive Term plans the conversion options suck.

Prospect and agent alike don't think of the future. They live in Dave Ramsey's world where you outgrow your need for term insurance.

Life is not my forte but I do know my way around a rate book. Conversion options hit home a few months ago when a long time client asked about her husband's ability to sell his soon-to-be expiring $1M term insurance.

A 20 yr term policy from a large mutual with the ability to continue as a YRT with a premium that basically says you better die quickly if you are willing to pay this.

I don't have an outlet for firms that buy insurance policies so turned it over to a friend. Everything looked good until she found the policy and discovered the conversion option expired 5 years ago.

Husband (also my client) can't qualify for anything other than graded benefit. His policy expired the end of December but he didn't.

I didn't ask why they thought he still needed a $1M policy but it really doesn't matter. They wanted something he cannot get at age 71.

Everything looked good until she found the policy and discovered the conversion option expired 5 years ago.

Conversion options hit home a few months ago when a long time client asked about her husband's ability to sell his soon-to-be expiring $1M term insurance.

I didn't ask why they thought he still needed a $1M policy but it really doesn't matter. They wanted someth? A ing he cannot get at age 71.

Been there, often.

Last month I issued a new policy on a long time client in his 70s who's 20 term expired Dec 30. He was pissed. However, I have been warning him for years the time was coming.

Back