What do you say...?

I was trying to not gross you out.

Please get your coffee.

Some years back in a small town, there were two (and only two) residents who had the same type of vehicle. My father hit a bridge abutment out in the county and got a free cremation. When I was out for the funeral, I happened to speak with the ambulance driver-he said it was the worst vehicle fire he'd seen (in something like 15-20 years of experience -in a county which includes a busy interstate as well as local and county roads) and that they had had to track down the other vehicle in town to be sure which driver had had the accident. My assumption would be that if the weight was much over a pound or two it would have come from inseparable vehicle slag. So....usually may be a better choice.

I was trying to not gross you out.

Please get your coffee.

Some years back in a small town, there were two (and only two) residents who had the same type of vehicle. My father hit a bridge abutment out in the county and got a free cremation. When I was out for the funeral, I happened to speak with the ambulance driver-he said it was the worst vehicle fire he'd seen (in something like 15-20 years of experience -in a county which includes a busy interstate as well as local and county roads) and that they had had to track down the other vehicle in town to be sure which driver had had the accident. My assumption would be that if the weight was much over a pound or two it would have come from inseparable vehicle slag. So....usually may be a better choice.

Sorry to hear about our loss... my dad is 86 and moving steadily into dementia. Used to love hearing him tell stories about his child hood and growing up.

Thanks for letting me get to my coffee. 3 cups (small) down and maybe 2 more before the day is over.

Thank you. I'm not sure my siblings think much of this line of thought, but I just consider it as a viking funeral, a touch of individuality.

Oh it was a great day. I was new to the biz. It was my first day to write $3000 AP in one day. My first week over $6000. But that day is a day to remember.

I was replacing a Foresters with a 5 star because the husband dipped and somebody had sold the wife Trans Graded/Modified 2 months prior so I was replacing that with Gerbers or Vantis I think. Decent sale over $150 a month.

As I was sitting there on the recliner, these little bugs were crawling all over me. That would normally freak me out (which it did a little) but when I'm working my mind puts up with a lot of stuff that I normally wouldn't take.

Anyway, the husband kept coming over and pinching the bugs off of me and squeezing them. I remember the blood stained fingers.

After I got out of there, I dusted off 20 or so bugs that I could see. I went to a local gas station and took my shirt off and dusted off another 20 more. I put one on the sink and took a close up picture for later.

I then went and ran 3 more appointments lol. Spreading joy and happiness all over town.

I stopped to eat lunch in my car. That's when it dawned on me. "Could those have been bed bugs??" So I busted out my phone and did a google search. Compared the photographic evidence with Google's photos. And sure enough, they were bed bugs.

So now I'm freaking out. I call an exterminator and have him to meet me at my house to spray down my car. He says I need to remove everything from the car and I need to wipe everything down with Rubbing Alcohol. So I spread joy and cheer through the local Walmart and buy a huge box of Rubbing Alcohol. That's right, a box.

When I get to my driveway, I start pulling things out. Now keep in mind, I worked out of my car, so it's a mess. I open my big box of Rubbing Alcohol and it was 1000 individual packets that were about 2x2 inches. So get the picture here: I'm taking everything out of my car and wiping them down with these tiny little alcohol wipes.

Later I discover the large bottle of rubbing alcohol in the garage.

The exterminator sprays everything down and then tells me I need to take off all my clothes (for the next few weeks) in the garage and use the rubbing alcohol all over my body and throw the clothes into the dryer at the hottest heat to kill any of the eggs. I will spare you the details on that..

So for weeks I did as I was told. I even had to go back to get a signature. I wasn't going in the house. Fortunately they were on the front porch. He signed the paperwork and when I got into the car, I kid you not, there is a squished bed bug on the paperwork.

So a few more weeks go by and EVERY SINGLE policy from that day charges back, including the bed bug people.

I called the local health department on them..

That's a day I wish I could erase completely..

Hey hoosierlife, going to meet with some "buggy" clients, do yo want to come along?

Back