What do you think from your personal experience?

I’m doing P&C now but I enjoy doing life and annuities much more but I feel the renewals on P&C give me a better opportunity for the future not to have to start at zero each year. I haven’t seen much in renewals for life and annuities...I did when I was a captive life agent for 5 years but even with that being short it did help take the stress down a bit once I built my clients up.

Sell annuity and life products that pay renewals then.

Lots annuities now have options for Trail Commissions.

Permanent products pay decent renewals. Some more than others, but they all pay something. There are even Term products that pay renewals.

You could also branch out into LTC and DI, which pay very nice renewals.

Do what you enjoy. Just be sure to be independent and own your own business.

Last edited:
P&C, you will have a business to sell in 20 years.
The opportunity available to me is to work for an agency. I wouldn’t get any ownership in the P&C book until I reach $300k in annual revenue and it would be 10% per year not to exceed 50%

Thanks for sharing. Where can I find the training from Sandy? I really enjoy the life and annuity business but the trails and daytime business is what pulled me to P&C. I used to sell strictly life and annuities for a captive for over 10 years but I had a membership base to prospect from.

And if you want some of the best training on obtaining referrals - not out of 'need' or out of 'greed' - but as a real service for your clients... then you need to order the training from Sandy Schussel for $37.

Products

But if you aren't willing to invest in your career and your professional development... then you'll ALWAYS be stuck wondering which way to go - P&C or L&H. Pick one, commit to being a master at it, build your skills, and keep growing.

I like the life and annuity business a lot but I lack confidence with gaining clients. I had a client meeting today from a prospecting letter I sent to a Old client from over 7 years ago and I’m working on a $500k rollover...he even said “see your marketing paid off”
Let me help you with this stinking thinking: You NEVER start at zero unless you have little faith in yourself to generate new prospects and referrals. If you're having trouble with that, then learn how to eliminate that fear so you can create prospects on demand!

Now, from there, you need to continuously be compounding your skills.

If you don't, then the fear of "always starting from zero"... will always be real for you. If you're not doing annual reviews - to provide a real service and obtain referrals - then YOU'RE shooting yourself in the foot.

I like the life and annuity business a lot but I lack confidence with gaining clients. I had a client meeting today from a prospecting letter I sent to a Old client from over 7 years ago and I’m working on a $500k rollover...he even said “see your marketing paid off

It cracks me up. Agent Joe buys a list of names that are in Agent Bubba's file cabinets. Agent Bubba buys a list of people that are in agent Joe's file cabinets. They pass each other traveling to each other's county.

Back