What do you think from your personal experience?

Advisor06

Guru
100+ Post Club
What do you think is the best long term career option...

Commercial P&C....Life and Annuities OR should I do both?

I’m doing P&C now but I enjoy doing life and annuities much more but I feel the renewals on P&C give me a better opportunity for the future not to have to start at zero each year. I haven’t seen much in renewals for life and annuities...I did when I was a captive life agent for 5 years but even with that being short it did help take the stress down a bit once I built my clients up.

The fact is, I believe these two businesses are very separate and distinct to master. That's assuming that you want to MASTER one of these two disciplines.

It's like choosing between apples and oranges. You simply PICK ONE and master it because YOU LIKE IT.

For me, I 'grew up' in the investments and later learned life insurance and annuities. It's far more natural for me. P&C is far more 'alien' to me and I love what I do already. No reason to change.

I’m doing P&C now but I enjoy doing life and annuities much more but I feel the renewals on P&C give me a better opportunity for the future not to have to start at zero each year. I haven’t seen much in renewals for life and annuities...I did when I was a captive life agent for 5 years but even with that being short it did help take the stress down a bit once I built my clients up.

Let me help you with this stinking thinking: You NEVER start at zero unless you have little faith in yourself to generate new prospects and referrals. If you're having trouble with that, then learn how to eliminate that fear so you can create prospects on demand!

Now, from there, you need to continuously be compounding your skills.

If you don't, then the fear of "always starting from zero"... will always be real for you. If you're not doing annual reviews - to provide a real service and obtain referrals - then YOU'RE shooting yourself in the foot.

Last edited:
And if you want some of the best training on obtaining referrals - not out of 'need' or out of 'greed' - but as a real service for your clients... then you need to order the training from Sandy Schussel for $37.

Products

But if you aren't willing to invest in your career and your professional development... then you'll ALWAYS be stuck wondering which way to go - P&C or L&H. Pick one, commit to being a master at it, build your skills, and keep growing.

Back