What does the next Iteration of the FMO market look like if the new rule sticks?

FMOs should still sell Med Supp, FE, annuities, etc.
it’s not like FMOs are going away.

I would get that but they still seem to be MA geared they still seem to want to sell MA

and also what is going to happen there is going to be a mad rush to direct contract in OCT?

FMOs should still sell Med Supp, FE, annuities, etc.
it’s not like FMOs are going away.

I am literally still getting many emails every day from various FMO's pitching me to sell Medicare advantage specifically

In fact it has never been this bad ever

I mean what by the time an agent brings their contracts over and get releases it going to be near oct

how does that make sense for them if this is true

In fact the FMO I used to be with, a Large FMO never even mentioned to me there was any marketing dollars

when I asked they gave me some money in the integrity lead things which is a waste, money it still sitting there it cost me more in time then the money in the account

but the new FMO I started with several months ago is throwing money at me Several mailers and other ads and other things and a ton of print materials and more

and they are happy

Last edited:
I would get that but they still seem to be MA geared they still seem to want to sell MA

and also what is going to happen there is going to be a mad rush to direct contract in OCT?

Why would you have to go direct. If my FMO wants my med Supp biz, they have to take my MAPD biz. UHC, Humana, FL Blue, and I think Cigna are all one contract. They’re not giving up the med Supp biz.

Why would you have to go direct. If my FMO wants my med Supp biz, they have to take my MAPD biz. UHC, Humana, FL Blue, and I think Cigna are all one contract. They’re not giving up the med Supp biz.

why would they still headline MA MAPD DSNPs

You know how many emails I get now pitching me to move my contracts for these products?

most of these FMO's do not say anything about Med Sups, they invite me to all these webinars,

I have not seen such heavy marketing even 2 or 3 years ago as I do THIS YEAR and now

Listen If I went to move my contacts that would take a good 60 days, I did that now it would be like a month of selling before they get nothing?

And even if that is worth it they would need to stop within 30 days before they get nothing for all their work

A LOT of them all all DSNP's

everything all their training webinars their entire site is geared this way

why would they still headline MA MAPD DSNPs

You know how many emails I get now pitching me to move my contracts for these products?

most of these FMO's do not say anything about Med Sups, they invite me to all these webinars,

I have not seen such heavy marketing even 2 or 3 years ago as I do THIS YEAR and now

Listen If I went to move my contacts that would take a good 60 days, I did that now it would be like a month of selling before they get nothing?

And even if that is worth it they would need to stop within 30 days before they get nothing for all their work

A LOT of them all all DSNP's

everything all their training webinars their entire site is geared this way

I still don’t understand why you have to move contracts. It doesn’t make sense. Your FMO is most likely not getting out of the game. If they want to sell Mup, they have to offer the Medicare advantage. Plain and simple.

Amerilife runs call centers (they may have independent agents under them as well but I haven't looked that up). EHealth is also mentioned in another article in reference to their call centers. The "agents" are most likely in some type of LOA situation, with the principle getting per-app marketing money (in addition to any FMO type of compensation). Cutting out the marketing money (not the FMO compensation) is going to hurt their ability to run the call centers. This is purely conjecture on my part of course, but it seems reasonable to me. At this point we are safe, but I'm sure that as some of the big players adapt and learn to game the system differently, there will be more crack downs that will affect the independent agents.

My main FMO held a webinar yesterday and laid out several things. They can still provide training, compliance guidance, contracting assistance, etc. They cannot provide technology solutions free of charge or co-opt advertising. There was more detail given to us specifically as agents regarding marketing rules that are coming down. My business model is based on referrals, so I'm not worried about marketing dollars (it was a nice bonus, but not something that I tracked for growth or depended on) and I never run mailers , so I hadn't been taking advantage of that anyway (I don't like calling leads).

I still don’t understand why you have to move contracts. It doesn’t make sense. Your FMO is most likely not getting out of the game. If they want to sell Mup, they have to offer the Medicare advantage. Plain and simple.

WHat I am saying is all these FMOs are emailing and makrting thier MA MAPD Sytems and doing webinars and offers and many of them are all DSPNs

why are they asking for me to move my contracts to them

they don't even talk about med supps ever

I am not talking about my FMOs just the many that are marketing to me

If I change my MA contracts to them and it takes up to 2 months what do they get for their trouble? it would even be under them till aug?

Maybe because they know if you move your MAPD biz, they’ll get you med Supp, FE, etc biz as well.

Back