What forms should be used to apply for parts A&B during general enrollment period?

sam816

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Social security seems to be asking the applicants to fill out paper forms instead of taking applications during a phone interview, also it seems they only mail out the application for part B.

Does anyone know what forms should be used for both A & B during GEP?

I found this link:

Original Medicare (Part A and B) Eligibility and Enrollment | CMS

at the bottom of the page there are several forms, are CMS 40B and CMS 18-F-5 the right ones to use?

TIA.

SSA has not been taking apps by phone in some time . . . instead, they make an appointment to call back at some point in the future.

Since you asked about GEP enrollment I am going to guess they are not turning 65 but have missed their IEP.

Those forms do appear to be the correct ones. . . this is the first time I have seen a Part A enrollment form. It will be interesting to see how this works out. You might be going where no one has gone before . . .

SSA has not been taking apps by phone in some time . . . instead, they make an appointment to call back at some point in the future.

Since you asked about GEP enrollment I am going to guess they are not turning 65 but have missed their IEP.

Those forms do appear to be the correct ones. . . this is the first time I have seen a Part A enrollment form. It will be interesting to see how this works out. You might be going where no one has gone before . . .

Last edited:
Back