What Happens to Agents Under Obama's Plan

G

What will happen to Insurance Agents if Obama's plan passes?

I really don't understand all that he wants, it just scares me to death.

Melinda Bell

Melinda Bell

He won't return my phone calls or letters. LOL

I'm not sure if he understands what he wants, besides for the govt to control everything.

The reality is most of us could be hit hard or even kicked out of this business if a few certain things come together.
(this is a very real possibility)

Last edited:

Obama actually doesn't have a "plan". He is relying on the House and Senate to formulate the plans, of which there are five or six different committee "flavors" right now.

ALL of them embrace the idea of an online "Health Insurance Exchange" for individual and small group - which doesn't exactly portend fat times ahead for health insurance agents...

Ya, from my understanding of things, the health ins. exchange is one of the few things that is bascially a done deal so far

Melinda Bell

Melinda,

You can read all about what would happen at www.obamahealthplan.com

...No? Well you could if someone would just buy that domain from me that actually knew what to do with it and benefit from all that free traffic. (Disclaimer- I really don't know if there is any traffic. I don't know anything about web marketing.)

I think we will be forced out.

Most small and large group would drop their group health because it would be cheaper to pay the penalty.

As it stands now if a family of 4 makes under $88,000 then they would qualify for the Gov. option.

If that bill goes through I think anyone specializing in the health market might want to re think their business model.

Latest posts

Back