What Happens to Agents Under Obama's Plan

But I thought a long time about this and am now slowly making my exit from the health insurance business. Oh...I might pick up some scraps next year but I'm preparing for the day after.

So Ed, what's your move ... back to writing P&C, or are you going to become a Med Supp guy?

I'm with you on an exit plan. I'm not waiting to get legislated on. I'm going to be adding a few more arrows to my quiver.

I would love to go back to writing P&C. I was a big writer from 1980-2000. But there was no Geico and the internet was the same as it is now.

From what I hear, not too may people click on "Apply Now" when it comes to auto insurance. Maybe I'm just spoiled.

But if we have until 2013...Yahoo!

What will happen to Insurance Agents if Obama's plan passes?

I really don't understand all that he wants, it just scares me to death.

Melinda Bell

melinda, as you can see many agents both large and small are preparing for the worst and have plans to leave this field....THIS IS GREAT NEWS for those that are committed to see it thru, pick up additional products and lines and continue to work the market drop me a line at [email protected] and i would be glad to discuss this with you

It's grim
No matter what happens there will be serious changes in the health industry.

I have met with a PC group to look at my options with them along with a 401k outfit.

I am in the process of re negotiating my life insurance commission with different GA's. So far I have been offered 95% across the board which includes DI. I think DI could be a huge selling policy if we have some type of Gov health plan for most people.

Another aspect of employee benefits I am reviewing is all ancillary products. If a gov option is put in place most groups will drop their health plan. STD, LTD, Dental, vision , Life and LTC products could be huge. Not only would large groups but small group too.

The way BO is handling the economy there might not be anyone left to buy insurance products. If we get to the point where only 5% of the population has disposable income it won't matter what your selling.

Patriot...I will keep the Association going, but for the first time in a decade, I will start charging monthly dues of $15.

This will start in December. Of course, as always, EIEIO insurance and aged incentivized leads will be included at no charge.

What's this wonderful association you speak of?

I think the association's concept is fantastic. For one, they have full access to your bank account. At the end of the month money is taken from the successful agents and given to the ones who didn't write any business. It's only fair.

Back