What Happens to Agents Under Obama's Plan

I don't want to make it seem like the sky is falling, but I'm getting pretty depressed. For someone that's only been a benefits broker for about a year and a half, where most of my block is group health (not ancillary) this news is not inspiring...

Blue Dog Democrats Announce Deal on Health Care Reform - Political News - FOXNews.com

Considering, there is nothing - not a thing - that can be done to stop this if all the dems vote "Yea", I'm scared to death!:arghh::arghh::no::no::cry:

"You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."* Adrian Rogers, 1984

This is not good.

I don't want to make it seem like the sky is falling, but I'm getting pretty depressed. For someone that's only been a benefits broker for about a year and a half, where most of my block is group health (not ancillary) this news is not inspiring...

Blue Dog Democrats Announce Deal on Health Care Reform - Political News - FOXNews.com

Considering, there is nothing - not a thing - that can be done to stop this if all the dems vote "Yea", I'm scared to death!:arghh::arghh::no::no::cry:

Up down. Up down.

So hard to predict. Actually, impossible. I feel bad because I worked hard on my websites to get them where they are.

But I thought a long time about this and am now slowly making my exit from the health insurance business. Oh...I might pick up some scraps next year but I'm preparing for the day after.

"You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."* Adrian Rogers, 1984

Well they can TRY can't they?

BRAVO! The late Adrian Rogers is one of my favorite preachers.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
...I thought a long time about this and am now slowly making my exit from the health insurance business...
But....but....but...you ARE going to keep the Association going, aren't you? Pleeeeeease! I'm addicted to it and I rely on it for....well....just about EVERYTHING. It has become my life!!! Don't let it go away....pleeee-e-e-e-ase! :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Melinda,

You can read all about what would happen at www.obamahealthplan.com

...No? Well you could if someone would just buy that domain from me that actually knew what to do with it and benefit from all that free traffic. (Disclaimer- I really don't know if there is any traffic. I don't know anything about web marketing.)

How much you asking for the domain name? It would be a good place to post the bills that are trying to get passed.

:biggrin:

Patriot...I will keep the Association going, but for the first time in a decade, I will start charging monthly dues of $15.

This will start in December. Of course, as always, EIEIO insurance and aged incentivized leads will be included at no charge.

In the end I think there will will just be more competition and lower commissions. More companies will do more supplemental health like long term disability, cancer, heart attack, accidental. And more agents will shift to life and P/C. And those who can't adapt will be gone.

Back