What have you seen with MA dental in first looks?

Sam

Founder
Administrator
I saw a couple of threads mentioning dental being removed from some UHC and Aetna plans. Are you seeing anything specific regarding dental?

I saw a couple of threads mentioning dental being removed from some UHC and Aetna plans. Are you seeing anything specific regarding dental?
Most are keeping it but cutting benefits. A plan with a $2,500 allowance might go to $1,000. Aetna is the wild card. I think it’s fair to say they will cut but will they re-introduce a network, too?

Most plans are keeping preventive dental at a minimum.

Walter

Aetna has not released anything
They released some comically high level national information on Friday. The company has told investors the dental benefit is being completely rebuilt for 2025. Not sure exactly what that means aside from major changes. This was on their most recent earnings call.

Just had the Devoted AEP rollout in TN today. They had an awesome dental allowance (3k or 5k depending on plan )with a shitty network last year. Next year it's 1k combined for dental and vision and it's a reimbursement plan. That's a huge change.
I'm betting it'll be similar with the rest of them, but I haven't seen them yet.

In the areas i work in florida UHC dropped comprehensive dental and only covers cleanings.I wonder if they have a strategy to sell the stand alone UHC DVH to these members.I hate selling dental but i know that it will be an easy sell to consumers who are very loyal to UHC and actually use the benefits.

In the areas i work in florida UHC dropped comprehensive dental and only covers cleanings.I wonder if they have a strategy to sell the stand alone UHC DVH to these members.I hate selling dental but i know that it will be an easy sell to consumers who are very loyal to UHC and actually use the benefits.
I have an under 65 UHC dental plan I bought several years ago. My challenge is finding in network providers. The plan itself has worked well for me, people wanting to use it with out of network providers may find the financial benefit more limited.

I don't know how their commissions would be, but if I was an agent it is certainly a dental product I would check out.

I have an under 65 UHC dental plan I bought several years ago. My challenge is finding in network providers. The plan itself has worked well for me, people wanting to use it with out of network providers may find the financial benefit more limited.

I don't know how their commissions would be, but if I was an agent it is certainly a dental product I would check out.

The UHC DVH i have sold is the one for over 65 only.It is fairly new product and the good thing about it is there is no waiting period period and the UHC dental network is not too bad in florida- meaning there are some established dentist that participate( some that are actually good.lol)The average premium i have sold is about 60.00 so at 45% commish i made about the same as selling a MA

I’ve been told by my local UHC rep to NOT do sell their new DVH plan to MA members. He said it won’t work or coordinate with MA at all.

Back