UHC 2025 First Looks....

Embrace changes.......if you're looking to grow your business!!

As I reflect back on my past 20 years, I started the year HSA plans launched. Being from the financial industry, I saw the opportunity. While other agents were stuck on selling copay plans, I won tons of biz by re-educating prodpects on how to lower their premiums, lower their OOP, and oh... get the above the line tax deductions.

Then the 2007 great recession hit, terrible for many, but great for me by replacing cobra policies. Left my biz card on every car at the huge job fairs at football and other stadiums.

Then obamacare came, huge disruption, but i doubled my biz. I could now insure the sick and low income. Which led to a huge pipeline of T65 clients. Doubled med supp book over past 5 years.

Upcoming pdp and mapd changes, creates disruption and can be an opportunity for those agents that embrace it.

UHC HMO-POS plan for Panama City has an $8 rebate of part B premium on it. It's not much but that helps. UHC appears to be the leader so far in 2025.

Humana seems like it's going to be worse than 2024 based on them not releasing benefits until next month and the negative outlook from the company on MAPD.
Or they are waiting to look at everyone else and doing one more revision with cms,

As I reflect back on my past 20 years, I started the year HSA plans launched. Being from the financial industry, I saw the opportunity. While other agents were stuck on selling copay plans, I won tons of biz by re-educating prodpects on how to lower their premiums, lower their OOP, and oh... get the above the line tax deductions.

Then the 2007 great recession hit, terrible for many, but great for me by replacing cobra policies. Left my biz card on every car at the huge job fairs at football and other stadiums.

Then obamacare came, huge disruption, but i doubled my biz. I could now insure the sick and low income. Which led to a huge pipeline of T65 clients. Doubled med supp book over past 5 years.

Upcoming pdp and mapd changes, creates disruption and can be an opportunity for those agents that embrace it.
I see more disruption on the pdp side and more pissed clients , miss Jones your 7.20 plan is now 50 bucks a month , I know you take no meds. ... 86 dollars for a pdp plan is stupid

Or they are waiting to look at everyone else and doing one more revision with cms,
I agree.
Humana, just this year, launched a PPO with a full Part B giveback in north Central Florida. A super competitive plan, all the while knowing what is coming for 2025.
I find it hard to imagine that they will cut benefits real hard after launching that plan this year.

I see more disruption on the pdp side and more pissed clients , miss Jones your 7.20 plan is now 50 bucks a month , I know you take no meds. ... 86 dollars for a pdp plan is stupid
Pissed off people = opportunity.

Pissed at cobra? Sold them goldenrule HSA

Pissed at ACA? Sold them short tem medical.

Pissed at PDP and you sell mapd? Then sell them mapd. Just don't touch my med supp clients, that's DonP's job

Thats sounds great about opportunity. But it’s not reality in real life if you have big book .Let’s say Ambetter pulled out of your states 2 months from now for Jan 1.You had to move 500 Ambetter to new plans . How much of this opportunity will you seize during open enrollment ? ZERO . You’ll spend all open enrollment taking care of your book or you’ll lose them . I’ll make a case even new agents who have no book will have a tough time telling people with good 2024 benefits to move to crap 2025 benefits . People won’t believe the call center guy . THE REAL OPPORTUNITY is oep to grow . That’s when people feel the sting of their crappy plans and are open to move .

They could be :D . I wonder if their $164.90 giveback plan will survive the chopping block? I'm guessing it gets cut back on the amount.

Glad I have UHC to combat Humana. Don't have much faith in their 2025 plans......

Thats sounds great about opportunity. But it’s not reality in real life if you have big book .Let’s say Ambetter pulled out of your states 2 months from now for Jan 1.You had to move 500 Ambetter to new plans . How much of this opportunity will you seize during open enrollment ? ZERO . You’ll spend all open enrollment taking care of your book or you’ll lose them . I’ll make a case even new agents who have no book will have a tough time telling people with good 2024 benefits to move to crap 2025 benefits . People won’t believe the call center guy . THE REAL OPPORTUNITY is oep to grow . That’s when people feel the sting of their crappy plans and are open to move .
As usual, you don't read my post. I said "if you want to grow your biz". Big book retention is a diff story

The amount of my clients that will change because of a cut in dental benefits is small.
Your clients are not necessarily representative of MA enrollees overall. Dental and drugs are among the most commonly shopped benefits. If one carrier guts an important benefit, lots of members will switch unless the other plans make commensurate cuts.

In any case, good agents don’t steer clients to a specific kind of coverage. They present options and they explain the good and bad that comes with each of those options. The client makes the decision. We assist and we make sure their decision is an informed decision.

It doesn’t matter what YOU the agent would buy. You’re not the client. Everyone has different needs and places value on different benefits.

Walter

this is truth. AEP will be tough but growth will come after

Back