What is Better: Template Based Vs. Build It for You Website

Thanks for pointing out my problem, John. The fortunate news for me is that the website that I do not market nor optimize somehow manages to keep me busy enough so that I neither have time to market it nor worry about link building. But thank you for sharing your opinion.

Cool website, but I think I don't understand your award, it says you won #1 producer for 2015, but the year isn't over yet?

Did I mis read it?

"The American Association of Long Term Care Insurance (AALTCI) has awarded Jack Lenenberg the recipient of its 2015 Long Term Care Sales Achievement Award".

Cool website, but I think I don't understand your award, it says you won #1 producer for 2015, but the year isn't over yet?

Did I mis read it?

"The American Association of Long Term Care Insurance (AALTCI) has awarded Jack Lenenberg the recipient of its 2015 Long Term Care Sales Achievement Award".

No one can catch him...Jack's a machine. (And a Steeler fan which makes him good in my book)

Did I mis read it?

I don't name the awards, I just accept them. :)

----------

No one can catch him...Jack's a machine. (And a Steeler fan which makes him good in my book)

We looked good in the 2nd half Ray. Let's meet at the Super Bowl in February!

Maybe we can turn this into a Steelers thread! Indeed a great second half.

NOTE: I was born and raised in Pa, and my wife is from Pittsburgh, so we're there quite often.

And of course, Ben is a Miami grad! (Oxford, Ohio).

Hanratty Insurance Services
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Service Since 1954

I see you deleted the link.

I didn't delete the link. It's basically a hidden link, check the page source. The guy just changed themes and didn't remove the old one. It was a decent link when I bought it 3 years ago but I guess he stopped maintaining it. This was the only example of buying links I had so I used it.

Thanks for pointing out my problem, John. The fortunate news for me is that the website that I do not market nor optimize somehow manages to keep me busy enough so that I neither have time to market it nor worry about link building. But thank you for sharing your opinion.

I didn't mean anything negative by my comment. I'm glad to hear you're satisfied with your sites current performance and that it's keeping you busy. That's what really matters right.

My point is if you're going to spend some money on updating your site you should prioritize working with someone that can optimize your current site. I think your site looks great and should convert well for your target market. I don't have any statistics for you but I'm sure most seniors aren't doing a lot of mobile quoting for LTC policies yet. I'm positive you'd get a better ROI out of optimization and marketing of the site vs freshening up the look.

Check out this report I ran on your site

ltc_zpszkfoivjz.png

It shows the difference in working with an SEO and not. Now I know you had a bad experience with a black hat, it happens, but for at least a year you reaped the benefits of SEO. Think back to 2012 and look at the performance back then. Even if it was short lived and you got penalized, SEO works.

But hey, I know you're a vet in the industry and would kill it even with out a website. Some of us, like myself, rely too heavily on their website to generate leads. Hopefully 2016 brings some diversity haha...

I didn't delete the link. It's basically a hidden link, check the page source. The guy just changed themes and didn't remove the old one. It was a decent link when I bought it 3 years ago but I guess he stopped maintaining it. This was the only example of buying links I had so I used it.

I didn't mean anything negative by my comment. I'm glad to hear you're satisfied with your sites current performance and that it's keeping you busy. That's what really matters right.

My point is if you're going to spend some money on updating your site you should prioritize working with someone that can optimize your current site. I think your site looks great and should convert well for your target market. I don't have any statistics for you but I'm sure most seniors aren't doing a lot of mobile quoting for LTC policies yet. I'm positive you'd get a better ROI out of optimization and marketing of the site vs freshening up the look.

Check out this report I ran on your site

ltc_zpszkfoivjz.png

It shows the difference in working with an SEO and not. Now I know you had a bad experience with a black hat, it happens, but for at least a year you reaped the benefits of SEO. Think back to 2012 and look at the performance back then. Even if it was short lived and you got penalized, SEO works.

But hey, I know you're a vet in the industry and would kill it even with out a website. Some of us, like myself, rely too heavily on their website to generate leads. Hopefully 2016 brings some diversity haha...

That chart just shows that everything from SEO standpoint was easy for all of us in pre-panda, pre-penguin days.

2015 was my best year ever, so there is no reason to get involved with SEO clowns trying to get 2012 back. That ship sailed. Clowns will just take your money today. Eff these clowns. $1500 month can lease me an S Class 550 without the aggravation of pissing $1500 month down a rathole. But hey, if you know someone who is not a clown I have domains just parked ready to go.

"I didn't delete the link. It's basically a hidden link, check the page source. The guy just changed themes and didn't remove the old one. It was a decent link when I bought it 3 years ago but I guess he stopped maintaining it. This was the only example of buying links I had so I used it. "

Actually, it was mentioned on your post along with a few others (that are still there). Then mysteriously after I pointed it out, it was gone. Quite strange.

Back