What is important to you in selecting an upline FMO?

You are right. I agree with you. It's no way around unless the carrier allows you to.contract directly. With that being said who do you suggest is a good FE IMO.
Hi!
I do not endorse any FMO/IMO i had to go through 3 before i could find 1 that did halve of the things they said out to do, and a lot of contractual headaches! Also this industry is evolving! In my days it was primarily FMO i know little of IMO's But I like where you are heading, very smart! This industry is evolving and it appears that you are where the evolution is heading/IMO. Good luck in your journey I am sorry i could not be of more help to you!

Last edited:
I look for carriers the FMO offers, then technology. I chose my FMO on those 2 things plus they give me co-op marketing based on production. I have been in the insurance industry long enough to find the answers I need. I don't need anyone to follow up with carriers or hand holding.

I think people look for more hand holding when that are new to the industry vs. it is more about the contracts & money the longer you are in the business. It also depends if you plan to recruit agents.

If you are doing things the right way & putting good business on the books, money & referrals will come your way.

Hey I was pretty happy I had this one non cheap suite.
I only do medicare products so it’s slacks and polos for me in this humidity
At least you have a suit. :yes:

I "outgrew" mine and got rid of them. I never replaced them. Now that I've lost weight, I wish I would've kept them. Oh well, who wears a suit anymore. :huh:

Hi!
I do not endorse any FMO/IMO i had to go through 3 before i could find 1 that did halve of the things they said out to do, and a lot of contractual headaches! Also this industry is evolving! In my days it was primarily FMO i know little of IMO's But I like where you are heading, very smart! This industry is evolving and you seem to be where the evolution is heading/IMO. Good luck in your journey I am sorry i could not be of more help to you!
They're the same thing. :yes:

Said by an FMO to an Independent Agent...yeah...yeah---sure! OK! everyone go with Todd King he is the man the best FMO in town!! ARE YOU HAPPY NOW! now get off my back!
Best advise i have received thus far....make sure you read your contract and know what you are getting into. :)

Part of this reply is to your other reply to me. If you think I'm bitter then you have gotten this all wrong as well. It's obvious to me that you must have worked with some bad FMOs before or something. I don't think anyone I've seen is as tainted as you are about it. I'm sorry for whatever happened to you but please try and understand that FMOs do serve a function for the agent.

I 100% agree with you that it is the agent that brings in the money. No disagreement there whatsoever. That's why I do my best to fight for the agent against the insurance companies, not the other way around. I'm anything but a company man. I personally can't stand most insurance companies.

Furthermore, I was never trying to convince you that we're the best or anything of the sort. I was just trying to educate you a little on the role of the FMO and what it serves. When you say things that just aren't true I'm going to do my best to correct that point of view so that your bad attitude doesn't taint other agents. And yes, it's pretty obvious you have an extreme dislike for FMOs, so it does come across as a very bad attitude.

Once again, I'm sorry that you feel you've been slighted and wronged, but I can line up 1000 agents that have a much different experience than you do and very few that would have anything similar to the attitude you have about FMO/IMOs.

Advise is a verb meaning “to give counsel to; offer an opinion or suggestion as worth following.”

This is why i am a solo act, i hate stupidity! Honey I read contracts for a living.

This is correct, but you didn't use the word in that sense. You used the word "advice" which is the thing you give or take. Seems you like giving more than taking.

Advice is a noun meaning "guidance or recommendations concerning a decision or course of conduct: counsel".

Back