What is the Best Way to Recruit Agents?

Florida offers it for free. Download it right from their DOI website. With other states you simply have to request it. For MD the info is free but you need to mail them a CD. They'll send it back with the info.

Originally Posted by Markingriffin
"THe best way to recruit agents is to buy list of insurance agents. Mail them a postcard offering them training, leads and great products."

I tried this.Bought the list from DOI in Ca. Sent 400 post cards, recieved 3 responses, and hired none so far.
I offered training 65% on new 50% on renewal.

Originally Posted by Markingriffin
"THe best way to recruit agents is to buy list of insurance agents. Mail them a postcard offering them training, leads and great products."​

I tried this.Bought the list from DOI in Ca. Sent 400 post cards, recieved 3 responses, and hired none so far.​

I offered training 65% on new 50% on renewal.​

Maybe don't put on the postcard the percentages that you will pay. I know that when I talk to captive guys they think that sounds like a low commission amount but they don't understand the broker side. One captive company that I worked for in the past paid 7.5% on auto. Those agents may not understand that the commission could be 15-20% and they will get 65% of that.

Back