What to write now in California?

Blue Shield might be worth a look again on maternity issue especially if you are writing HDHP/HSA Plans.

There 2400/4800 plan is going to be popular again for women who need maternity. The best plan on the market was the 3600 HSA from Farm Bureau of Health Net but they are going to experience two rate increases in the next 5 months. one on 3/1 and then another on 7/1/2008 look for Farm Bureau members to be moving elsewhere after there rate lock is up.

I personally have a Farm Bureau plan from nationwide days and my rate lock is going to be up on 7/1/2008.

I am looking heavily at the Non-Lumenos Plan or just ordinary 3500 HSA plan.

Health Net has been a headace lately. So mostly all my business of late has been to Blue Cross.

Plans I have been selling.

Blue Cross 3500 HSA
Blue Cross Non-maternity Lumenos HSA.

Other reasons to look at Blue Shield again maybe for this reason I got in the mail yesterday.

12 month rate guarantee now.
No rate increases until July 2008.

So it seems the two best companies in California happened to be the Blues. The cycle seems to go to others but after sometime it goes back to can you say the old reliables.

They have always been second fiddled to Blue Cross but with what has been going on lately here they have managed to stay out of the press.

Just my 2 cents.

They have always been second fiddled to Blue Cross but with what has been going on lately here they have managed to stay out of the press.

Actually, Shield just got hit with a 12.6 million dollar DOI fine about two-three months ago. Not stapling apps to contracts and retro recissions.

Back