What type of attorney?

My daughter has been a driver for a local transportation company for several years. She was told, when using her personal vehicle that the the transportation company would provide her with car insurance. She was in a at fault accident with injuries to the other driver. It's been three weeks and the transportation company owner has not contacted my daughter's personal insurance or responded to the injured driver. What type of attorney should I contact to get the transportation owner to respond. She is afraid of being sued. Thanks.

Your daughter should consult with an insurance coverage attorney or a personal injury attorney who specializes in automobile accidents and commercial insurance issues. These attorneys can help determine if hers and the transportation companies coverage is adequate, clarify who's responsible (liable) for damages) to the injured party, pressure your daughters employer to communicate and respond to claims, and walk your daughter through the best steps to navigate this.

She was transporting a person for pay. She saw an attorney Friday for a free 15 minute meeting that turned into 45 minutes. The attorney informed her that worst case would be to file bankruptcy, a service he provides. Thank you all.

If he's already resorting to the bankruptcy card, she should get a second opinion. It goes without saying bankruptcy is devastating and can take many years to recover from.

Back