What will happen to supplement 1 in Massachusetts come 2020?

If first-dollar coverage plans are going away in 2020, what's going to happen to supplement 1 in
Massachusetts... will this state still have this plan, which is also a first-dollar coverage plan?

Same question with riders in Minnesota and Wisconsin.

Because I’m ignorant on your plans in Mass, can you explain how your supplement 1 works? Is it identical to a plan F?

MA and a few other states have authorization to design their own supp plans. It is my understanding that the MA plans do not follow NAIC guidelines, but I could be wrong.

MA is a GI state and pretty sure the carriers must use community rating.

In other words, they had Obamacare plans before Obama gave us these wonderful plans where "if you like your plan you can keep your plan".

My suggestion would be to contact the MA DOI to get your answer.

That might apply to Minnesota & Wisconsin since it's an additional rider. However, with Massachusetts, it's included in Supplement Plan 1. So does that mean they will just remove the coverage for the deductible? When we contact the state insurance department, they didn't know the answer. :dull:

Medicare Medigap Plan F Or Plan G?

The other three states

Massachusetts, Minnesota, and Wisconsin have their own standardization for Medigap policies, so there is no Plan F in those states. However, this change applies: there will be no coverage for the Part B deductible in policies sold to newly eligible beneficiaries in 2020.

Nothing... they didn't respond to me yet. WI did, they said they have a hearing coming up to discuss it.

QUOTE="somarco, post: 1295539, member: 5"]What did the MA DOI say?[/QUOTE]

Back