What would Amazon's Health Care actually look like?

daham......now I got to compete with Amazon.....what next....Google Health Insurance....

So far no one is offering solutions that get a the real problem. The top 10 meds are a result of life style choices? We have to take hard looks at our lifestyles if we are every to have real change in costs.

Hint - if you don't to use it much, it doesn't cost much. Health insurance is about the unexpected. Like my relative who developed type 1 diabetes when he was very young. He did do anything to cause it. That's how insurance is supposed to work.

How is a auto insurance company going to control costs if 75% of the insureds are habitual DUI offenders and the auto insurance company cannot charge more for additional risk???

I hear you Rusty and concur. Something like 70% of illness is diet and lifestyle related and 80% of those could be prevented or reversed with lifestyle changes.

But we have a society (and health "care" system) that would rather take a pill than make changes in diet and lifestyle.

Health insurance covers over 90% of your OOP costs. Even the high deductible plans have repricing built in to lower your exposure. Patients have very little skin in the game.

Designing a health insurance plan that eliminates copay's and coverage for routine care (including physicals) would go a long ways towards lowering the cost of health care and health insurance.

The comparison that is often made between health insurance and car insurance is not just hyperbole. If car insurance covered routine maintenance like oil changes, tires, brakes, wipers, etc no one could afford it.

Back