What Would You Suggest?

Discussion in 'Long Term Care Insurance Forum' started by bluemarlin08, Mar 28, 2017.

1. bluemarlin08

bluemarlin08 Well-Known Member

State:

Client an attorney like the lifetime State Life product for 300,000 or 400,000. Attorney want s to look at this for himself and other clients.

2. Mr_Ed

Mr_Ed Well-Known Member

State:
    New Jersey

$300K single premium??????????

3. bluemarlin08

State:

Yes, they keep 1,000,000 in checking.

4. Mr_Ed

Mr_Ed Well-Known Member

State:
    New Jersey
    i hope that when i have that kind of money that i don't do dumb things with it.

5. ltcadviser

ltcadviser Well-Known Member

State:

I just wrote 2 cases for about $200,000 single pay each and based upon the location of each client in the Northeast US we easily could have justified 50% more benefit.

6. bluemarlin08

State:

For those folks that claim that they plan to self fund this product is really a no brainer. Especially those folks that have said they would be interested in a product that would cover a long tail claim. The problem, IMO, is to get these folks to stop for a minute and really review the concept.

7. CALTCAgent

CALTCAgent Well-Known Member

State:
    California
  8. pfg1

pfg1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Agree, some great product options for them from state. And rather than having that money sitting there doing nothing, why not leverage some protection instead.

9. brittanibutton

brittanibutton Member

You could take a look at National Guardian Life's EssentialLTC plan. It's a tax-qualified plan that you can set-up as a single or 10 pay. According to the underwriting guide, diabetes or epilepsy shouldn't be an issue.

10. ltcadviser

ltcadviser Well-Known Member

State:

Sure could, but Asset Care is similarly priced to Essential LTC. For only 10% premium differential on a single pay, Asset Care will provide the client with a paid-up life insurance policy for Return of Premium purposes. And it is a monthly reimbursement rather than daily.