What's the Cheapest Health insurance?

There is no such thing as cheap health insurance.

The less you pay in premiums, the more you pay out of pocket (co-payments, co-insurance, and deductibles).

The more you pay in premiums, the less you pay out of pocket (co-payments, co-insurance, and deductibles).

The best way to protect your home (and other assets) if you go to the hospital is to have plenty of money in the bank to tide you over during emergencies.

When I had my rentals back in the 1980s I kept a $10,000 slush fund for down time and repairs. I had health insurance through my job so hospitalization wasn't a concern. If I had rentals today I'd want to double or triple that ($20,000 or $30,000). If you don't have health insurance I suggest a $50,000 emergency fund.

After how long of tenants possibly not paying rent and an eviction moratorium would want that large slush fund.

There is no such thing as cheap health insurance.

The less you pay in premiums, the more you pay out of pocket (co-payments, co-insurance, and deductibles).

The more you pay in premiums, the less you pay out of pocket (co-payments, co-insurance, and deductibles).

OK boomer. Maybe in your day that is how health insurance always worked. But today, some people actually get reasonable plans & in some cases for $0 in premiums paid by them. Last I knew, family of 4 could have about $60k of annual household income & possibly have $0 premium (I am not saying $60k is good household income)

Sure, premiums are being paid by others for those plans (again, not debating whether this is right or wrong)

OK boomer.

And proud of it.

Maybe in your day that is how health insurance always worked. But today, some people actually get reasonable plans & in some cases for $0 in premiums paid by them.

I know. And in the time since I last posted in this thread, I got one for myself. Not only $0 premium for a Medicare Advantage plan, but reduced my part B premium to $89.90 instead of $160 something.

I've read about all the issues involved with Medicare Advantage plans but the VA covers my health care. The Medicare Advantage may be a little helpful with vision and dental.

Back