What's the deal with Farm Bureau Med Supp

Here is some rates from CSG.
zip code - 37010
t65 rate is $90.05 for female on G
70 - $125.48
75 - $160.70

They seem to be low cost early on, but as you age, rates are middle of the road. Obviously this is just a snap shot.

zip code - 37010
70 - $125.48
75 - $160.70

They seem to be low cost early on, but as you age, rates are middle of the road. Obviously this is just a snap shot.

Are you able to see rate history though?
In FL, a t65 will always pay what a 65 year old pays (UHC). I have clients who signed up 8-9 years ago and pay the same as a 65 year old today. But if I were to quote a 75 year old today, it would be about $60 more per month.
So that’s why I’m wondering if we can see rate history. Age band increases aren’t the same.

zip code - 37010
70 - $125.48
75 - $160.70

Not an agent, and also not trying to pick a fight.

I am confused about the approach you mentioned. I attempted to do something like that when I was looking to buy a medsupp. I got rate tables for three companies.

When I attempted to discuss that approach, and why I was interested in a specific company, with an experienced medigap agent, he basically told me it was b/s because a carrier's legacy rates are different than their initial rates. He then shifted the discussion back to the specific carrier and policy he wished me to purchase from him.

So does a carrier's table of initial purchase rates really reflect the legacy changes a policy holder might experience? Never been able to have a good answer to that.

Are you able to see rate history though?
In FL, a t65 will always pay what a 65 year old pays (UHC). I have clients who signed up 8-9 years ago and pay the same as a 65 year old today. But if I were to quote a 75 year old today, it would be about $60 more per month.
So that’s why I’m wondering if we can see rate history. Age band increases aren’t the same.
Increase History
Date
Amount
01/01/2017 -6.0%
07/01/2017 0.0%
Average -3.0%

This is how it shows. This happens to be Americo Plan F in Illinois.

In FL, a t65 will always pay what a 65 year old pays (UHC).

Are the policies issue age in FL or attained age?

UHC here is community rated.

Most of the policies here are issue age but lately we have had new carriers enter the market offering ATTAINED age.

carrier's legacy rates are different than their initial rates.

It depends.

Carriers like MOO that change carriers every 3 years, legacy rates vs new business rates are useless

click on Market Analytics and you can see rate history(not that accurate) and a 5 year rate range.

5 yr rate history is an add-on feature, not standard with CSG. I considered upgrading but did not consider their history info to be helpful.

wondering if we can see rate history.

The CSG rate history info is useless IMO

Most of the policies here are issue age but lately we have had new carriers enter the market offering ATTAINED age.

It depends.

Carriers like MOO that change carriers every 3 years, legacy rates vs new business rates are useless

5 yr rate history is an add-on feature, not standard with CSG. I considered upgrading but did not consider their history info to be helpful.

I have the Complete Plan for $30 a month and those features are built into it. They do have some new add ons that I don't have(Market Pulse, Edge and Reach).

I agree that the rate increase info isn't that accurate. When they roll out a new company every 3 years, you're not going to see any long term rate history.

It depends.

All plans here are issue age.

Issue age rate histories might be helpful if not for the fact that too many carriers want to retire one name and introduce another every 3 - 4 years. That makes CSG irrelevant when looking at Omaha, Cigna, Aetna and a few others

Back