When Premiums > Benefits

Exactly Herman!

What policy will be available in Georgia with National coverage so I can get an ablation with an Austin, Texas electrophysiologist?

Jack:

we'll know better after Nov 1st.....but expecting BCBS and Harken may offer with good networks, but only off the exchange. Also with large rate hikes.

Hopefully your procedure example was hypothetical, but in my case (same as yours with Humana), I lose my cardiologist and heart surgeon thanks to Humana, and I am one year out from major heart surgery....so it is concerning to me as well.

If it is hypothetical, and you are in perfect health...you can convert to Christianity and get a CHS plan :biggrin:......or sign up for STM insurance with a good network + plus a MEC plan....and not get 2 1/2% penalty. Else, with one employee, you can set a great group plan with any carrier/network you choose. Just make your wife an employee if you have to.

Ugly world of affordable health insurance!!! :D It's taking premium money away from people who need to spend it on LTC for real protection.

Jack:

we'll know better after Nov 1st.....but expecting BCBS and Harken may offer with good networks, but only off the exchange. Also with large rate hikes.

Hopefully your procedure example was hypothetical, but in my case (same as yours with Humana), I lose my cardiologist and heart surgeon thanks to Humana, and I am one year out from major heart surgery....so it is concerning to me as well.

If it is hypothetical, and you are in perfect health...you can convert to Christianity and get a CHS plan :biggrin:......or sign up for STM insurance with a good network + plus a MEC plan....and not get 2 1/2% penalty. Else, with one employee, you can set a great group plan with any carrier/network you choose. Just make your wife an employee if you have to.

Ugly world of affordable health insurance!!! :D It's taking premium money away from people who need to spend it on LTC for real protection.

My situation not hypothetical. Need 3rd ablation. Emory doctor did not help me after two tries. Maybe need to call Texas doc tomorrow and get it done this year. My wife is an "employee" ... What should I do?

My wife is an "employee" ... What should I do?

Look into group coverage since your wife is an employee. Normally I would suggest you look at a self-funded plan. But if your having ongoing health issues, a normal fully funded traditional plan would be best for a 2 person group.

Back