Where Are the ACA Navigator Positions?

Yes, I understand the accountability and oversight issues. It would have been nice if they had changed the application criteria to reflect that they decided to NEVER allow an individual to get a grant.

It wouldn't be the first time the feds give the impression of full inclusion, then implement what they had in mind all along. Also, when HHS is out with an open hand looking to raise money to fund "outreach" due to low funds ($51 million.......that's an M for those used to a B), you know the program is in trouble, and allocation of funds will be highly scrutinized to get the most leverage. Personally, I'm set up for 6 seminars, not costing the taxpayer a dime.

It wouldn't be the first time the feds give the impression of full inclusion, then implement what they had in mind all along. Also, when HHS is out with an open hand looking to raise money to fund "outreach" due to low funds ($51 million.......that's an M for those used to a B), you know the program is in trouble, and allocation of funds will be highly scrutinized to get the most leverage. Personally, I'm set up for 6 seminars, not costing the taxpayer a dime.

Not as a navigator, right? I assume you are enrolling people on the exchange as a broker? What part of Arizona?

Maine has a group Health access or something I was door knocked Monday by a teenager in shorts with a clipboard. Her opening line was they believe all Mainers are entitled to be able to access health insurance without regard to health conditions.

I laughed out loud and explained to her that Maine has had a GI law since the 90s and no mainer can be denied a policy based on health conditions. But it goes to show the knowledge of people enrolling people.

Maine has a group Health access or something I was door knocked Monday by a teenager in shorts with a clipboard. Her opening line was they believe all Mainers are entitled to be able to access health insurance without regard to health conditions.

I laughed out loud and explained to her that Maine has had a GI law since the 90s and no mainer can be denied a policy based on health conditions. But it goes to show the knowledge of people enrolling people.

But how much of a subsidy did she offer you? :D

HHS released the Final Rule describing Navigator certification and training standards late on Friday 7/12/2013.

This Article contains a link to the final 145 page rule:
HHS releases final rules for ObamaCare 'navigators' - The Hill's Healthwatch

There are a LOT of skills that Navigators must have, or learn, very quickly. One of them being, "explaining the tax implications of enrollment decisions". I wonder if they have to pass tests proving these skills beforehand, or is learning as you go, acceptable.
:twitchy:
-ac

Back