Where\How do these lead\data companies get their data?

I tried to add this to the post above but for some reason I was unable to so I put it here.

In my opinion any agent working in the senior market who isn't keeping track of every "lead" they get and at least attempting to get the name of the company the prospect currently has their insurance with is losing a lot of money.

A few years back I sold $80,000 worth of Med Supp insurance in one month because I was able to create a list of everyone I had talked to the previous three years who told me that they had Advantra for their supplement insurance. The next two months were also were also way above what would be considered a "really good month" for Med Supp sales as I continued selling to Advantra people.

[FONT=&quot]Frank,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Ironically, several years ago I also wrote over “$80,000 worth of Med Supp insurance in one month”. I did it by generating new leads and working those leads. I couldn’t agree with you more. Carrier X-dating is nothing new and it is powerful when used. Leads that are worked no matter the source or method can often turn to profits. Your method worked and so did my method. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]That’s the power of this site. We can either agree or sometimes vehemently disagree. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I do X-dating all the time. Taking it to the next level as you described is admirable and is a form of relationship selling. People always appreciate when somebody is looking out for them. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Back to the parsing of my original wine quote: When you initially contact Mr. and Mrs. Jones, and how soon you initially contact Mr. and Mrs. Jones makes all the more sales. In my opinion any professional agent working their leads in the senior market knows this.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Back to the parsing of my original wine quote: When you initially contact Mr. and Mrs. Jones, and how soon you initially contact Mr. and Mrs. Jones makes all the more sales. In my opinion any professional agent working their leads in the senior market knows this. [/FONT]

Would that be red or white wine? Or do you mean whine?:confused:

Rick

[FONT=&quot]Back to the parsing of my original wine quote: When you initially contact Mr. and Mrs. Jones, and how soon you initially contact Mr. and Mrs. Jones makes all the more sales. In my opinion any professional agent working their leads in the senior market knows this.
[/FONT]

I think that totally depends on what kind of leads you are working. I have found that direct mail leads are really nothing more than a name and phone number. I can probably count on one hand the number of people I have called over the years that remember filling out the card and sending it in.

I do not believe that there is such a thing as a "hot" direct mail lead where the prospect fills out and returns a post card. That is a myth created by managers and the guy selling them.

I use to give agents leads that I had recycled and told them they were "hot" leads and they sold the hell out of them. If I had told them they were "old, cold" leads none of the people would have been called.

Paying money for those kind of "leads", in my experience, has not been even remotely worth the money.

On the other hand, if it is someone who has responded to an 800 number or filled out a form on the internet that is a totally different story. Those people need to be contacted the same day.

Many of my "leads" where I have gotten the name of the insurance company they currently have on the initial phone call do in fact get much better with age.

CMS regulations require an appointment. Lead cards are only acceptable if they are "fresh" (I can't remember the time requirement at the moment).

Most carriers insist on a telephone call. I think consideration is the real rule. Many seniors do not appreciate a stranger showing up on their doorstep unannounced.

Please call your prospects before going to their door.

CMS only requires an appointment for MA, MAPD or PDP products. They have no jurisdiction over other "senior products" such as med sups, final expense or annuities.

Last edited:
CMS only requires an appointment for MA, MAPD or PDP products. They have no jurisdiction over other "senior products" such as med sups, final expense or annuities.

I understand where you are coming from but you need to check "Retread guidelines for professionalism". You might be risking your license. :policeman:

Latest posts

Back