Where to Go After Medicade is Gone?

benbeecham

We're a family of four (my wife and I + two small children). We live in Ohio. Due to losing my job this last year from Covid, we were eligible for Medicade (and we chose CareSource as our provider). We were told that when I go back to work, depending on how much money I make, my wife and I can expect to get kicked off the adult portion before our kids. They also said that CareSource may provide income-based plans, that will be similar to what we already have, without having to deal with the full out-of-pocket healthcare costs.

So far, CareSource hasn't been much help. So I'm wondering; are there other income-based health care plans out there, that will look at how much you earn, compare it to your families household size (taking into consideration utilities and cost of living) and give you a plan based on your means? Because that's pretty much exactly what Medicade did. But I can expect to lose that in the coming year.

ACA plans give you subsidies based off income but as far as I'm aware its still going to be a major expense. You'll need to budget around that if you want coverage or perhaps look into employers offering group coverage

Back